• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Hard_Rocker

1. H

1990 240 won't start, where should I go next?

Got a 1990 240. It's been in the garage about 9 months with a broken alternator mount... I have two other cars so it wasn't a priority. It drove in there just fine, running on battery voltage. Fast forward to today, a nice warm Saturday, I figure I'll get the job done. New bracket, bushings...
  2. H

cold starting problems

1990 240, AW70, B230F When the motor is cold, it'll crank-crank-crank and not start. If I give it gas I can get it to stay running and after about 30 seconds (or less) it'll stay running on it's own. When warm it's not an issue, she'll start fine. Can't find any vacuum leaks, already replaced...
  3. H

AW71 questions...

first off, my 1990 244 auto has an AW71, correct? ANyway, here's the problem. Have had the car a bit over a month... yeah, 6 weeks I think, maybe longer, not more than 2 months, whatever... ANYWAY It's not had any transmission problems that I was aware of. Yesterday I started the car and headed...
  4. H

Sounds like a diesel...

My new '90 240 is very noisy. It sounds similar to a diesel, if I were describing it... I'm guessing it's the lifters. Definitely something in the top end, at least. I gave her a bit of an italian tuneup as she'd been sitting for a while when I got her, to try and clean her out, but that didn't...
  5. H

pics of my new daily driver

1990 Volvo 240DL. Automatic, power windows/locks, nothing special. Daily driver. Picked it up for $450. Jump started it, drove it home, charged the battery overnight and now it's perfect. :) Interior is very nice, and all the speakers have been upgraded. Those 6x9's in the rear deck aren't...
Back