• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

pics of my new daily driver

Hard_Rocker

1990 Volvo 240DL. Automatic, power windows/locks, nothing special. Daily driver. Picked it up for $450. Jump started it, drove it home, charged the battery overnight and now it's perfect. :) Interior is very nice, and all the speakers have been upgraded. Those 6x9's in the rear deck aren't stock. I can't wait to get my CD player in the car, the stock tape deck was installed by the previous owner when I bought it. They had a nice CD player in it beforehand.

Exterior is great from 5 feet. It's got some scratches and such, going to have to get out the buffer and polishing compound to see what I can do. Then I might get some of that colored car wax stuff... it's just a $450 car, after all. :-D

The valves/lifters are noisy, that's about the only problem. The AC even blows cold and has been converted to R134a. I'm very happy with it. :)

Hopefully will be turbocharging it when I get home from school next summer. I've already started gathering parts. :-D

volvo240-0001.JPG

volvo240-0002.JPG

volvo240-0003.JPG

volvo240-0004.JPG

volvo240-0007.JPG

volvo240-0008.JPG

volvo240-0009.JPG

volvo240-0010.JPG

volvo240-0011.JPG

that is a nice car. very clean. infact its so clean, that i think someone cleaned out the passanger side of the engine compartment.... at least it looks like somethings missing, but i cant put my finger on it. hmmmmmmm ;)

WTF?!?!?! I've been looking for a cheap +86 240 forever. How did you find one that cheap in Louisville? Seems like all of them are @least $1000. Nice ride. Good to see someone from my town taking an interest in Volvo's.

Good luck
Rob

Super1800GTR said:
WTF?!?!?! I've been looking for a cheap +86 240 forever. How did you find one that cheap in Louisville? Seems like all of them are @least $1000. Nice ride. Good to see someone from my town taking an interest in Volvo's.

Good luck
Rob

Family friend. It needs rear brake pads, maybe rotors. And the tranny has a slow leak, but I'll just keep topping it up until I can take the time to swap it out for a good pull or something.

The dash is already cracked. We've got 3 Volvos (2 245s and my new 244) and they all have at least 1 crack in the dash. Just one of those things. ;-)

nohbudi said:
that is a nice car. very clean. infact its so clean, that i think someone cleaned out the passanger side of the engine compartment.... at least it looks like somethings missing, but i cant put my finger on it. hmmmmmmm ;)

Yeah, I think something IS missing! I noticed it when I wiped down that strut tower. I guess I'll have to put that missing thing where it should be sometime. :cool:

o ya, you have room to talk.... his engine couldnt be pointed any properly than it is now... altho ive allways been a fan of 16v redblocks that are verticle... and not slanted

Back