• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Sjeng

1. Sjeng

Identify B21 with flat top pistons for use in B20?

Often these pistons have as much as 0.1mm wear in used engines. I would not recommend using pistons from a used block as it is a gamble. The bores are often fine though, 0,01-0,02mm of wear in a well used engine is no exception.
  2. Sjeng

Spartan locker install: Gap too large

Hello turbobricks, I'm building a 1031 rear axle in which I want to install a spartan locker. Donor axle is a 1997 940 one. The manual states that the locker should be installed without any thrust washers. Also, it states that the spec for distance between two halves should be between .145 and...
  3. Sjeng

1988 740 16v?

1988 740 16v I would like to share the progress of my cars with some people, so I'm making a project thread! First lets share some of my Volvo history. I had several whiteblock volvo's, but I have always wanted a RWD Volvo. Gave the C70 to my GF, and bought myself a 1997 940 (B230fk + M90)...
  4. Sjeng

MS2 Ignition Issue

Hello guys, I have a ignition problem on my MS2 car. Car specs: Volvo 940 Stock B234F Stock LH 60-2 flywheel and VR sensor 10K resistor inline with VR+ Shielded wire Huco 2 channel ignition module Wasted spark coil My first goal is to set the base timing. First tried a #1 tooth angle of 87...
  5. Sjeng

740 1988 b230k: hesitation at low engine speeds.

Hello, Just bought a carburetted 1988 740. The car has a stumble or hesitation between 1000 and 2000 rpm. After the initial stumble the car pulls well. Problems seem worse when cold. I have no experience with carbs. What should i look for except for obvious vacuum leaks and clogging? Any...
  6. Sjeng

Ford 4.6 valve springs: Part number?

Anyone have a Ford part number for these springs? (b234 use) The VS1632 I can only find in the states and shipping is more expensive than the springs. :lol: (im in europe) Or any other cheap alternatives for a b234f head?
  7. Sjeng

940 Lost key. How do I open this car?

As title mentions. Lost key, 1990 940. I think I can order a new key from the dealer if I have the VIN. However, how do I find the VIN if I can't open the hood? So how do I open this car without causing damage? All help is appreciated.
  8. Sjeng

B234F+T experiences

I just bought a 940 16V. The car is from december 1990. Does this have 13mm rods? Or is there no way to tell? Who has +T'd these engines with the high compression ratio? Doable or is it better to put the B234 head on a 8v turbo engine? I know from my VW days for those engine head spacers to...
  9. Sjeng

940 Fuel pump wire location?

Hello tbricks, I am looking for the +12V wire which goes to the fuel pump. Any idea which wire this is/where to find it? Reason I ask is because I am converting to MS and this is the last bit of wiring I need to sort. Kind regards
  10. Sjeng

Bosch 0227100203 ignition module: Going high or going low?

I am testing the MS2 I built into my 940. I think I just fried my ignition module during the spark testing. Wanted to test the spark using the tunerstudio test mode, and it did work. However my ignition module got extremely hot very quickly. (touching it HURT) Now it does not produce a spark...
  11. Sjeng

Twin scroll turbo: Divider not flush with rest of flange

Turbo is a S200G 54/56, never used. I notice that the divider between ports is not flush with the rest of the flange: 1: Any idea why the manufacturer would do this? 2: Is it worth it to have milled flat or is it not critical for response? Kind regards
  12. Sjeng

MS Questions: LH VR sensor, and dwell settings

Hello, I am changing to MS2 on my 940. I will be using the stock redblock VR sensor, which has 3 pins. one VR+, one VR- and a shield (ground). 1. Which pin corresponds to which connection? IIRC Pin 2 is VR-, what about 1 and 3? 2. Is it necessary/recommended to use a shielded wire from...
  13. Sjeng

Alternatives for Volvo 740/940 top mounts

Ever since I changed to coilovers, I noticed how bad the stock top mounts are. They move a lot and even are noisy. I can't tighten them any more than I already have. Are there any decent alternatives available? Many thanks
  14. Sjeng

Dog Dish Flywheel and high torque

Are dog dish flywheels safe to use or not? I read horror stories about exploding flywheels, but what is the actual cause of this? What are your dogdish experiences good or bad? And yes, I know they are heavy.
  15. Sjeng

Pedal feel with 302mm brakes

I just installed C70 302mm front brakes onto my '97 940. I notice I need to press the pedal a little bit further and it is not as stiff as before. Is this to be expected because of the piston diameter (no idea if there is a difference) or did I not bleed correctly?
Back