• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by taking8

1. T

oil fitting size for +T feed/drain lines

I'm doing a +T on a '90 B230F and I'm trying to buy oil feed/drain fittings for the turbo- I'm looking at the moroso AN fittings. will 10 AN give me enough flow?
  2. T

where do I get oil squirters

How do I locate oil squirters for my b230 anyone know where I can locate some oil squirters for my 90 b230F? anyone have the part numbers, know what engine they're from, etc?
  3. T

New shoes....

http://i.pbase.com/g3/78/604578/2/66835867.x63ZIRks.jpg http://i.pbase.com/g3/78/604578/2/66835868.X0MUlJ1R.jpg http://i.pbase.com/g3/78/604578/2/66835869.LMEjxQbh.jpg 17"x7.5" Moda R6 wheels for my '82 244. Just bought them off ebay wrapped in yokohama ES100 225/45 ZR17 tires with less than...
  4. T

need new engine. stock or swap?

Assuming my b21ft in my '82 244GLT is dead - (I've yet to tear the head off after the latest disaster but I'm pretty sure the block is cracked) I'll be looking for a new engine for the car, and I need some advice whether to stick with what came stock (b21ft) or to move to something like a...
  5. T

white smoke and coolant out the tail pipe

took the volvo for a spin earlier today. I heard the coolant boiling and pulled over, I saw I was losing coolant from out the resevoir. I waited for things to cool down, and started it up to limp it back home. I had lost basically all my coolant, and the temp gauge immediately shot into the red...
  6. T

bettter than stock fuel pump?

I need to replace the fuel pump for my '82 244GLT with K-jet, does anyone know the specifics on the output of my fuel pump, or know of a better aftermarket pump to purchase? I'm planning some upgrades down the road, and I'd rather spend a bit more to get a higher output pump now if I need to. thanks
  7. T

starting problem + slipping clutch

'82 244 GLTic I've had trouble getting my car to start (after changing the head-gasket and doing a bunch of other work) - the starter was making weird noises, and I could only get it start after repeated and prolonged atempts cranking the engine. So I replace it, and the same thing happens. The...
  8. T

starter not engaging flywheel.. what's the culprit?

1982 244 GLTic I replaced my starter last spring with a smaller and supposedly more reliable model from a 700/900 (???) series. It worked flawlessly for a while, but I recently had the head off to change the gasket, and do a bunch of other work. Since then the starter has been cranking fine...
  9. T

adjust cam gear with timing belt on?

can I adjust my ipd adjustable cam gear while the timing belt is still on? ( it's currently retarding the timing, i want to advance it, but I don't want to have to deal with re-adjusting the timing)
  10. T

timing adjustment clarification

I've got a '82 244 GLT that purrs like a kitten after basically rebuilding the engine, but when I get it out of the driveway and throw it into gear it bogs down. I'm hoping its my timing, but I've never adjusted the timing before. I've got my timing light, my timing belt cover (with 10, 20, 30...
  11. T

timing light info needed

I'm trying to adjust the timing after replacing my timing belt, but I've never used a timing light and I'm a bit lost. I can't seem to find any good instructional info anywhere (I don't have the manual) Here's what I've done- attached the pos/neg clamps to the battery, clamped the little spark...
  12. T

18X? widest wheels for 2XX's ?

I'm looking at 18's for my 244, yes I know I'll have to roll the lip, and I need spacers. what's the widest wheel I can run without major modification- 8" ? I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, I just couldn't seem to locate the right thread
  13. T

width of a 2XX series hood ?

I'm going to pick up a flathood for my 244 tomarrow, I'm wondering what the width is on a 2XX hood (my car isn't around to measure) to make sure it will fit in my trunk. thanks
  14. T

looking for mandrel bent exhaust pieces in Portland

I just moved to Portland from AK, my car is still there, I'm trying to get some mandrel U bends so I can finish off my 3" exhaust when I go back for christmas, I don't want to have to wait until Jeg's delivers, is there a shop in town that might have 3" mandrel U-bends and mufflers?
  15. T

size/weight difference between 244 and 242

I wondering what the size (length), weight, engine/ driveline etc differences occured between same year 244's and 242's (although any info is helpful) I tried searching, but didn't find anything- if there's a good thread just point me in that direction. thanks
Back