• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by tiredoldtommy

1. tiredoldtommy

Please Help: AW71 ATF Leak!

If my memory is to be trusted, those cork gaskets need to be soaked overnight in atf. The have to swell up a bit to be big enough to fit.
  2. tiredoldtommy

What are these rims called?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/wto/5659915227.html Been kinda looking for something nicer for the c70, and found these. 150 miles away. Trying to talk myself out of it I guess.
  3. tiredoldtommy

Repair manual for 2003 c70

I want a repair manual for my newly acquired c70, but it seems that the only Haynes manual just covers up to 1999. I need to replace the drivers side rear window regulator and I'd like some guidance as to how to get all that plastic apart without breaking it. Anyone know of a manual that covers...
  4. tiredoldtommy

PM inbox full?

Why did my private message limit go from 2000 to 200 all of a sudden?
  5. tiredoldtommy

Gawd, I love my 242, but . . .

I just finished a 450 mile road trip in the K-jet 242t+i, and it ran great. I finally got all the leaks fixed (trans, ps, etc), so all it needed was gas. No over heating at 98* or anything like that. Drove great. The BUTs are as follows: 19mpg could be improved upon, but it must be noted that...
  6. tiredoldtommy

valves

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to buy 38mm stainless exhaust valves, springs, and misc. valve train stuff. The two most highly recommended venders on TB don't seem to want my money.
  7. tiredoldtommy

separating engine and tranny

Well, I finally got the motor (b21ft) and tranny (aw71) out of my parts car. Now I need to separate the two, with the big obstacle being that the engine is seized. Cannot turn the engine to access all 4 of the torque converter bolts, as the greenbook and bentley tell me to do. Is there another...
  8. tiredoldtommy

Suicide Door?

Has anyone here ever done this? I just want to do the drivers rear door on my 245 to make it easier to load my wheelchair into the back while sitting in the drivers seat. I know there are kits available, but not that I've found for just one door. Just looking for some feedback from someone who...
  9. tiredoldtommy

Another 398 scp thread

Last week, I pulled the 398 SCP head from the '84 244ti parts car and dropped it off at the machine shop for pressure testing. The shop called this morning and said everything is fine. No cracks. So, the next step is to tell them what to do with it. What I'm thinking is new stainless 38mm...
  10. tiredoldtommy

Oil Pressure Test port

Here's the rig I installed on the 242ti today. Works good and looks like it'll be a lot easier the next time I have to hook up the mechanical gauge. It might also work for an oil feed on a +T. The fittings came from fastfittings.com
  11. tiredoldtommy

240 Gauge lighting

Since I'll have to take the dash apart to install my newly repaired speedo when it gets back, I need to figure out what to do with the instrument lighting. I don't want to change the color, or make them strobe or have them resemble Tokyo by night. I just want to be able to read the gauges after...
  12. tiredoldtommy

240 Aaaannnnd, it's broken!

101 miles to go to 300k. I've never dealt with this problem before, so any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW it's on the 242t.
  13. tiredoldtommy

The 760 is haunted

A couple of weeks ago I sent my wife's '86 760ti to the mechanic to have the AC checked out and filled. He brought it back saying that the compressor clutch was not engaging, and he thought it needed a new clutch. Well, I finally got around to looking it over myself, and discovered that the...
  14. tiredoldtommy

The 760 is haunted

double post thread starter
  15. tiredoldtommy

New Shop Toy

It's called a Hoyer Lift. It was originally intended to be a patient lift for tired old cripples who are more tired and crippled than me. Now it will lift batteries and cylinder heads and such.
Back