• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Texas240

1979 242GT resurrection, with more Corvette and Mustang II. Purist look away.

Holding this spot when I can get away from being a dad and allowed into the shop for more than a few hours between furniture projects. But But But But....... It involves a 2016 L83 motor with 35K on the clock, Mustang II front suspension, 2001 Corvette rear assembly w/ torque tube, 4l60e...
  2. Texas240

240 Door Light switch alternative part replacement

In search of a switch that was a drop in replacement that didn't involve drilling new mounting holes or enlarging the whole that the spade connectors came through was a few years and poor search skills. In getting the car back to all working order so its ready to forever the next owner might be...
  3. Texas240

240 ABS and tone ring usability

Some 7-8 years ago in my younger and dumber days I removed abs thinking it was cool to not have it. (car is a 93 factory abs. G80 locker) Im working on gathering the rest of the parts needed to stick a C4 rear end in the wagon in the following months or year or at some point and the rear end...
  4. Texas240

softer 240 V8 STS mounts

Has anyone found a replacement in a softer rubber or poly than what sts offers in their mounts? I made a good amount of difference going with a higher stall converter in my 4l60e but there mounts and the poly that is offered still translates a good amount of vibration at idle through the the...
  5. Texas240

BNE 240 camber plates and 5" spring

Its been some years and I cant remember how people are running a 5" spring with Bens Spherical Strut Mounts. How? Edit: Ive been corrected that a stock spring is around 4"+ by ben. I also found what I was looking for on google images.
  6. Texas240

Changing Mileage on Electronic 240 Speedo

How does one change the mileage on a electronic 240 speedo. I have the K39xxx matte black speedo
  7. Texas240

Volvo R brakes on 240 pedal feel issues

Ive been battling pedal feel issues for a few years now since I've put the brakes on. The first motion of the pedal I have nothing, maybe a little braking then I start to get braking. I get full brakes at the very end of the pedal movement. Ive tried a few different known good boosters, tested...
  8. Texas240

volvo 240 electronic speedo PPM signal?

Anybody know what the pulses per minute on the 240 electronic speedo is coming from the rear end? Swapping rear ends that does not have a sensor in the rear end and I'll be going off of the VSS sensor in my 4L60e.
  9. Texas240

Torque Converter Companies?

The truck converter that came with my 5.3 is way to tight for my setup. Im getting tired of driving through my brakes at speeds slower then 0-15mph. Who is using who? I have a LSA supercharger and a C4 rear end going in soon. Looking for something streetable and in a decent price range.
  10. Texas240

Lets be honest here, What can a 240 trailer hitch really handle

Im in the market for a used open trailer. Roughly 6'x10-12' and I really want to know what the 240 1-1/4" trailer hitch is really good for. it says 3500lbs but is it the trailer or the bolts that are going to go first?
  11. Texas240

30th Birthday Dyno Gift, Guess Numbers

I turn 30 tomorrow, september 23rd and I needed to give myself something. To the dyno I go. Car for once is actually completely ready by a date set in motion. A friend on here who lives in the DFW area mention a tuner, Calibrated by Karger who only tunes LSx engine and has done a few Lsx Volvos...
  12. Texas240

240 1993 A/C recharge w/ duracool overly high low side reading

First off. I know some of you purist are going to tell me not and I should only stick to what came in the car blablabla and that some of yo are going to moan and ground and grunt that its dangerous cause its a highly flammable blablabla. If I didn't have three cans of duracool and a can of...
  13. Texas240

Lsx Temp Coolant Sensor w/ use of 240 Gauge?

V8 guys, what sensors are you using to work with the stock +90 240 gauge in the stock 12mm x 1.5mm hole in the Lsx heads? Can't seem to find any sensors that fit the 12mm thread and have the same ohm reading as the 240 gauge. I'm open to ideas other then splicing in a T tube in the radiator...
  14. Texas240

240 Intermittent Ignition Switch

93 240: Running MS, MS wiring. Ignition Switch is stock and so is wiring. Using the 12v wire that use to turn on LH2.4 Fuel pump and computers to turn on a single relay and MS. The issue: Car won't always turn over. When you go to crank the car with the key all dash lights dim very heavily. I...
  15. Texas240

where to get redblock starter ring gear

I know some one posted a week ago or so a Swedish company that sold the ring gear for a roadblock flywheel. Google and TB search yielded nothing. So, any ideas?
  16. Texas240

MS 2 A/C Idle Up Inputs. Where they at?

Finally getting the A/C back into the car and wanting to use the A/C Idle up feature in MS. Google yielded nothing but useless information or having to do with the PNP. wanting to use the inputs PE0/JS7 or PE1. Where are they? What the hell is needed to get these inputs working? Damn MS and...
  17. Texas240

Loud ticking from injectors

I've known injectors to have a mild ticking sound but this ticking sound can be heard in the cabin of my 240. Basic specs 93 240, MS3.57 V2, High-Z 80lb Siemen Injectors, 16v head, .50trim SS bullseye turbo Injectors don't feel hot to the touch as if they are being over current.
  18. Texas240

MS E-Fan Control

Since MS can control a e-fan on one of its programable outputs this counts as engine management. I have decided to get rid of my Spal PWM fan controller and move the e-fan control over to one system instead of having two systems. I am running the car on MS2 vs. 3.57. Relay is the 940/850...
  19. Texas240

Another day another issue. Car running to rich wont lean out

Same 16vt project but a different issue. MS2 V3.57 running wasted spark, dsm cas, dsm ignitor, dsm coils, 80lb Seimens High Rez Injectors. This issue: Car idles and drives at a constant 10 - 10.5 afr regardless of what you do. You can lean out the VE table in the cells were the car idles all...
  20. Texas240

93 240 Wont turn off with key

93 240 wagon with MS2v3.57 lacking all the LH2.4 wiring except dash wiring and starting circuit behind the dash. LH fuel pump/ Starting relay wiring has been eliminated and replaced with a standard 30am 4/5 pin relay. About year ago the car wouldnt start so I replaced with a known good...
Back