• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Door Light switch alternative part replacement

Texas240

Prius Owner
300+ Club
In search of a switch that was a drop in replacement that didn't involve drilling new mounting holes or enlarging the whole that the spade connectors came through was a few years and poor search skills. In getting the car back to all working order so its ready to forever the next owner might be I decided to dig a little deeper.

I found these on amazon and with much surprise based on the measurements that were give these fit damn near perfect. They even came with a rubber isolated on the backside that wrapped around the edge. The only thing that will need a modification is the drives door. The stock switch has two spades vs. the others, only have one. Luckily, only my drivers door was bad so I was able to swap for one for my passenger switches.

If you were to replace all switches you could make jumper that's from 2 to 1 spade. I was also surprised that my tailgate light switch was identical. The main reason for this was that the oem part is over priced.

Amazon Model: 8523721440
Part #: 56451346779

Link

For the rest of you that haven’t bought one already, just install a 7/9 series door pin switch. They are a perfect fit and then you can push the switch in and give it a quarter turn and it locks out the door chime while you’re working on the car. It also self cancels when you close the door and works like a normal pin switch again. It’s actually a brilliant design for a change. It is one more thing that was a much better design on a 7/9 series car.

I tend to switch them on the driver’s door on all 240s when I have them. It’s so nice to be able to turn off the chime while working on the car. Most people want the chime so that they don’t forget their keys in the car or something like that.

Similar parts are available on eBay. The secret to search for is "flange mount pin switch" it seems.

IPD has the only affordable two-spade option I've seen though. If the original switch doesn't have one contact direct to ground, replacing with a single-spade may be annoying.

Back