• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. FrankBooth

Sorting my 144, SU HIF dieseling and stiff shifting M40.

Yeah, it's in the 123 instructions where they list the details on each setting. My question is, what cam are you running? If lumpier and higher compression head, why aren't you giving it more fuel? What do the plugs looks like? Color and burning on the strap?
  2. FrankBooth

Forgot to add- BBZ needles in the HIF6's.
  3. FrankBooth

I'm running a similar setup with similar compression except with 123 distributor. I just checked my front carb and I have it 4 turns out. I have the basic 123 so only have the choices given. I first had it set to 9 which is similar to '71-'73 B20E with no vacuum and would get occasional...
  4. FrankBooth

Performance upgrades while I have the head off, B20

Here's what I did recently with my late carbed head: Shaved to 3.34" .85mm Head gasket (for B20E/F to clear the bigger valves) For reference: CC'd chambers @ ~47-48cc Deck height measured at ~.021" Already installed: 123 Distributor k cam Removed locating rings and ridges from intake ports...
  5. FrankBooth

What B18/20 head have I got?

Late carb head. Similar to B20F casting but B20B thickness.
  6. FrankBooth

B20 PCV System Options

I'd buy the restricted nipple and filler cap with hose attachment. Screw nipple into end of intake balance tube and attach hose going from this to cap. Then put your little clamp on filter on the flame trap.
  7. FrankBooth

M41 Crossmember Options (Cross Member for easy searching!)

Here are some pictures. They might help if you have access to a welder.
  8. FrankBooth

Canopy Collapsed on the 142

Great advice. Thank you. The sun was out yesterday so after a few hours of warming I was able to gently push from the inside and get most of it to pop out. The crease is still there, though, and it's directly above a cross beam so hammering from the inside is difficult. Also, the headliner.
  9. FrankBooth

I should have them on speed dial. Eric recently spent his lunch hour giving me great advice on said top end work. Maybe I'll just start calling PDR places. The last one I talked to about my other car said he doesn't work on old cars. I asked why he has a Triumph TR3 on his home page and he said...
  10. FrankBooth

Hi all, Any advice on how to repair a dented roof? I've done some dent repair but I always seem to cause a lot of little dents in the process. I feel like I have one shot at getting it right. Heat? Cold? I've found it's been increasingly difficult to get a pro to look at an old car, much less an...
  11. FrankBooth

Do you recognize this A.R.E. 3 piece wheel?

The ones I had were welded together.
Back