• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M41 Crossmember Options (Cross Member for easy searching!)

CRatcliff

Hey! I have swapped from m40 to an m41 transmission in my '71 144, and there's some very loud rubbing from the rear of the transmission on the m40 crossmember. I am absolutely unable to find an m41 crossmember, and wanted to see if anybody has had success / has info on modifying the m40 crossmember to work with the m41.

Thanks!

Here are some pictures. They might help if you have access to a welder.
IDnJKXP.jpg

xnV3gKL.jpg

I probably have one of those cross members. But it's in a tent still under 2 feet of snow. I can try and get out there this weekend if some of the snow disappears.

I probably have one of those cross members. But it's in a tent still under 2 feet of snow. I can try and get out there this weekend if some of the snow disappears.
Dear god that would be amazing. Absolutely let me know. Otherwise I'm probably just going to try to cut a notch out of this m40 cross member and see if it works. Worst case scenario the transmission falls out on the highway

Back