• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. fatcatbestcat

92 940T

Good thread
  2. fatcatbestcat

Late night spam bots

Apparently there's been another dating site bot post (from another compromised account that's been inactive since 2016) sitting in project thread rules since Monday. I'm surprised it's even open to replies from users without mod perms.
  3. fatcatbestcat

Advice on Rust/Rot on 240?

Find a cleaner shell, then unceremoniously steal the good parts off this 240, then send it to the crusher or sell it to some shmuck. Seriously. I have owned two rusty cars as bad as this, and it's not any good in the long run. You're at a point where you're about to either total the value of...
  4. fatcatbestcat

A NEW source for for rear window louvers!

That car isn't real. It's a 3d model. Textures make me think Automation but I'm not sure. Could just be a reference because they don't have a car to mount them on for pictures, but it's not promising.
  5. fatcatbestcat

Late night spam bots

Looks like we're back to compromised accounts and sketchy dating sites in the project rule subthread.
  6. fatcatbestcat

Late night spam bots

I think this was brought up before, but there not being a link is probably a way around anti-spam software, but they probably don't even need it. In every one of the Kanji spam messages (and the messages are usually all the same), there's a recurring number - it's a WeChat number and the...
  7. fatcatbestcat

Ocean classic wheel still available?

Hello, is this still available? A quick Google search reveals places that have them in stock. :e-shrug:
  8. fatcatbestcat

Hacked III: Third Time's The Charm (M90 940 Edition) (prev. Hacked II)

Another sort on non-update - been driving the car daily for about three weeks, and so far, so good? Sort of? The 940 rides a lot nicer than the 244 did (doesn't feel like it's going to disintegrate any time I hit a bump), but for the first time ever, NVH is going to be a priority over...
  9. fatcatbestcat

Post pics of your Volvo.

10. fatcatbestcat

Is the 1983 B230A any good?

Bastard beat me to it by fifteen seconds. What Curtis said.
  11. fatcatbestcat

Is the 1983 B230A any good?

That sounds like a California spec B23F, if it's the original engine. I'm not sure they made carbureted B230s (post-1985 low friction motors, excluding the B230K) but they definitely didn't sell any in North America. Next closest thing is a B23A but they also never sold those over here.
  12. fatcatbestcat

Turbobricks Discord chat server

The statement literally describes one singular user. Modmins already kicked/banned everyone that was a genuine nuisance or had sex with their car. There is some good offhand info on there, but it's just a chat server. Lots of people join hoping for real time advice on easily google-able issues...
  13. fatcatbestcat

how rare are these aftermarket taillights?

There isn't a 'Rice my Ride' subforum :cries:
  14. fatcatbestcat

Identifying an M90 (in the car)

This was bothering me enough that I threw on a coat to go look again in the dark. No dice. Looks like a less greasy spot where there was a sticker at one time, but it's long gone now. Le sigh
  15. fatcatbestcat

Volvo 240 aftermarket wheel recommendations

I'll definitely check them out, thanks for the lead. I should have mentioned that I'm really looking for something in a 16 or 17" size so I can get some tires with a decent sidewall to preserve my spine. And in a somewhat period style for a 90s car. A lot of the more modern wheels I see out...
  16. fatcatbestcat

Okay, I'm 99% sure that sticker is long gone. The one on the 1041 is still there, but I didn't notice one on the side of the transmission. I'll check again tomorrow in the daylight. I guess it's not a super bummer if I don't know - like I said in the first post, I'm not going for any kind of...
  17. fatcatbestcat

Volvo 240 aftermarket wheel recommendations

Jokes aside, I vaguely remember running into a wheel maker that did something vaguely like the GTS/F40 wheels, and I think their site said they'd drill them in 5x108, in RWD offset - for some reason I'm having a big brain fart and can't remember who it was though. Definitely somewhere in Europe...
  18. fatcatbestcat

That was one of the first I read - I don't have an account so I can't see the pictures in the last post - any chance you could repost them here?
  19. fatcatbestcat

I don't think I saw one there, no.
  20. fatcatbestcat

Hey, So I've got a '91 944 turbo that a previous owner swapped an M90 into, some years ago. This isn't super relevant because it's probably staying pretty stock (south of 200 whp), but I'm curious as to what model of M90 it is - I'm aware they made a few different versions. I've seen some talk...
Back