• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

122s wheel sizes (what fits?)

It'll be a while but I will post some in my build thread. Right now the centers of my new wheels are off having the hub bores enlarged. I'm going to use the long studs and slip-on hubcentric spacers instead of the bolt-on kind.

Andrew, you were getting away with like 17x8" et20 TSW's on your 122, right? did you need spacers to keep them off the sway bar? I'm looking at running either 17x8 et0's or 18x8.5 et-6's. If my maths are correct this would be almost the same OD as stock if I ran 215:50 series, but as far as backspace to keep them off the sway bar, I'd need to push them out about 20-30mm.

So you have it lowered about 2" ? Any noticleble changes in handling with that and the new wheel/tire combo?

Well it was a bit rougher due to cutting rear springs, not like it was ever smooth. The new tires helped counter the rougher ride. Still something I wouldn't daily. Sucks getting old. :lol: Far as handling its somewhat worn out old car. I don't push it.

Andrew, you were getting away with like 17x8" et20 TSW's on your 122, right? did you need spacers to keep them off the sway bar? I'm looking at running either 17x8 et0's or 18x8.5 et-6's. If my maths are correct this would be almost the same OD as stock if I ran 215:50 series, but as far as backspace to keep them off the sway bar, I'd need to push them out about 20-30mm.

With 205/50s I had to roll the fenders and they did rub the sway bar at full lock. Et 0-10 would have been a lot better in the front with just 1* of camber. Et20 works great in the back even with an 8" wheel and a 205 or 215. Even a 225 would probably fit just fine.

With 205/50s I had to roll the fenders and they did rub the sway bar at full lock. Et 0-10 would have been a lot better in the front with just 1* of camber. Et20 works great in the back even with an 8" wheel and a 205 or 215. Even a 225 would probably fit just fine.

Thanks for the info... the plan is to put some Datsun ZG flares on it, cut about 1-1.5" off the top of the wheel opening and push the wheels out a tiny bit. The only problem I see is that the suspension goes positive camber under initial compression from ride height, so I cant totally slam it without having mad fender gap, or like 1/2" of suspension compression from ride height. :omg:

Cut one coil from my rear springs tonight. Hope to install sometime in the next few days. The car should sit pretty level now. The goal is to have the rear about 1/2" higher then the front. I'll post pics after the weekend!

Ridin' alot lower! New tires come in tomorrow, should have it all together sometime this week. I'll post pics when the new tires are on.

I finally have my suspension sorted out on my wagon. 40 mm lowering springs from ClassicSwede up front and 5" x 13" 150lb springs in the back. Car sits nice and level, I love the way it handles. I have tried several combinations of stiffer springs int he back and did not like the way the car handled. Any mid-corner bump would disturb the rear end causing loss of grip. Running Bilstiens and IPD sways front and back.

Next step is new wheels but I don't want to add a bunch of rotating weight until I can coax a little more power out of the engine.

IMAG0851_zpslsh2ojeh.jpg

Last edited:
I'll throw my stock wheels/tires on a scale and get a weight then get a weight on the alloy turbine wheels/tires so you have an idea on the Additional amount of rotating weight. Also, did you notice a significant improvement with the ipd front sway?

Wagon looks good man! What side mirror are you running?

I think my wheels + tires weighed 30 a piece. The 16x7 torq thrusts I was thinking of would be around 40 with tires.

The mirror is some crappy plastic job. On the list to replace.

The wagon had the IPD sways on it when I got it so I cannot comment on what difference it made. Handling sucked at first. Hard to describe what was going on. After lowering, alignment and bilstiens I am really pleased with the handling. Took a few sets of springs in the back to get it right. And by pleased I mean that I can throw it into a corner at a pretty good clip with confidence.

Last edited:
I'll see what my setup weighs. I know the tires weigh 21lbs each. Wheels are alloy, so I wouldn't say any more then 10-15lbs. I'll check and report back.

As for handling that's good to hear. I just finished cutting 1 coil from each spring and I put some new koni classic adjustables and poly bushing on. So I'm excited to see how it handles.

Apparently my phone is not uploading pics well. Thanks!

These are actually the wheels that I've been talking about in the thread. I just now finally got them on haha. 15x7 et0. They're old dodge "hurricane" or "turbine" wheels. Aluminum, 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

Running some 205-60-15 Yokahama Avid envigors. They have a much narrower tread width then other 205 tires so you get a little extra clearance.

Last edited:
I finally have my suspension sorted out on my wagon. 40 mm lowering springs from ClassicSwede up front and 5" x 13" 150lb springs in the back. Car sits nice and level, I love the way it handles. I have tried several combinations of stiffer springs int he back and did not like the way the car handled. Any mid-corner bump would disturb the rear end causing loss of grip. Running Bilstiens and IPD sways front and back.

IMAG0851_zpslsh2ojeh.jpg

I've been reading up until my eyeballs fall out.. your setup looks great!

Were the rear coils from ClassicSwede as well?

Back