• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1974 142 Project Family Cruiser.

Yeah, the main criteria for this car is it has to be simple and clean. So when I paint the car, I'll shave the bumper holes. No ducts or fog lights, just simple and clean. I may shave the bug eyes, but they've grown on me.

Pain in the ass. I made it harder by not cutting a new piece and just filling each vent individually :wtf:

image_zps58eb5bf5.jpg

I'll only be filling the bumper holes, which are much smaller on the 74 nose. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. I love the vents on the front, so they'll be staying.

Haven't posted about the car in a while since not much has changed. Still love the air ride. Have blown two lines so far, need to get some high temp sheathing to slip over the line where it crosses the exhaust. But otherwise it's been flawless. It's nice being able to air the car up to a reasonable ride height and drive it around with a worry, and then air it out and stare at it. It's been living under a cover mostly lately though since I added another car to the stable.
Untitled by KeysarPhoto, on Flickr

Greg, bringing this thread back up to ask about your wheel setup. I bought some 16x8 ET11 Ronals in 5x120 that I'd like to put on my 71 142. Even buying the thinnest adapters possible, I'm looking at an effective offset of -4. My car is low like yours, so I'm concerned about the rear fitment. One online source says Gottis came in either -6 or -20, depending on width. Do you know the offset of your wheels and can you share?

I suppose the other option is to have the wheels redrilled, but I'm less enamored with that idea.

Thanks!

Back