• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 1982 240 Turbo no start

MrSam

Grand Luxe Executive
Specs:
1982 242 Turbo
b21ft
m46
stock as a rock yadda yadda yadda, now you know what we are dealing with. :lol:

Heres the skinny. Took it for a drive yesterday and all was good, on the way home it felt like it was running out of gas then just stopped. Would crank, possibly idle, but die the moment the pedal was touched. Went and got a gas can, put 4 gallons in, still no start. Pushed car home.

This morning I changed the intake manifold gasket, cleaned the pcv (just because I was in there) and reconnected all vac lines and added some fancy yellow zipties to keep them on.

Still no start.

Swap out the main fuel pump (I put a brand new in tank in, as well as a new fuel filter 2 days ago). Still no start. The relay sounds like its clicking behind the dash for the fuel pump, but neither seem to want to run. Help me brainstorm.

Well, you put in a new pump and filter, and the car dies for what sounds like could be a lack of fuel two days later. . .

I'd look at the pump/filter. Bad wiring somewhere?

Fuses are good, relay is good. But for some reason the fuel pump will not run. Both pumps I have are tested and good for the main, and the in tank is brand new.

What could be causing this to happen?

The car has spark, and there is no need to check fuel pressure when I know there isn't any as its not getting fuel.

I jumped the wires at the relay and the fuel pumps still won't run.

Your Wiring is not Corroded to the pump? I built a Momentary Pump Bump for my fuel pump. Aligator it the Pos Batt and Bullet to the Pos pump term. That way I hook it up and press the button if I am ever in doubt.

Well, I think I found the problem.

Pulled the in tank pump and found that the rubber hose that holds the pump on slipped off, thus causing the pump to not be attached, thus causing no fuel. Herp Derp.

My booster box was too run down for the system to prime itself, so I will update in a little while when it gets charged.

Back