• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 760 Turbo Sedan Revival

magicianman89

Documenting the revitalization of this 760 I drug home. Fun fact I actually owned this car five years ago for a brief period but didn't do much with it.

Originally a Mississippi car, purchased in 1995 from a chevrolet dealer with 70k on it. The individual I got it from in 2019 purchased it from them and it sat in a garage for 17 years until that point. I got it and then passed it on shortly after in late 2019 to an individual who did a lot of good work but lost steam on the project. I was given the option to buy it back and I obliged having a little more money to throw away and more experience.

Here's how I picked it up two weeks ago:

Very blown nivomats, 142,000 miles on the odo, and a torn down engine
<a href="https://ibb.co/jkf0Sq5">IMG-0170 IMG-0171 IMG-0175

Nice work! The 7 sedans are growing on me.... never cared for the flat top rear trunk area, but that modern front end helps overcome that. Interior looks well preserved as does the exterior as well. AW71 I presume? 1990 should be pre-squirter and normal rods (not skinny), big mains of course. These tractor engines make respectable power (for a banger) with several improvements (FMIC upgrade comes to mind, adequate injectors). I loved the TD04-19 in my old 92 sedan, instant boost. Don't know what your mission statement is for this one, but I'd suggest at least upping that TD04 to a 15. We'll keep an eye on you with this one, looks like a GREAT starting point vehicle.

Edit - hope you used OE Volvo "grey" seals on the crank, cam and aux shafts! I used the red Elring on previous engines.... never again!

Last edited:
Nice work! The 7 sedans are growing on me.... never cared for the flat top rear trunk area, but that modern front end helps overcome that. Interior looks well preserved as does the exterior as well. AW71 I presume? 1990 should be pre-squirter and normal rods (not skinny), big mains of course. These tractor engines make respectable power (for a banger) with several improvements (FMIC upgrade comes to mind, adequate injectors). I loved the TD04-19 in my old 92 sedan, instant boost. Don't know what your mission statement is for this one, but I'd suggest at least upping that TD04 to a 15. We'll keep an eye on you with this one, looks like a GREAT starting point vehicle.

Edit - hope you used OE Volvo "grey" seals on the crank, cam and aux shafts! I used the red Elring on previous engines.... never again!
Sadly used Elring stuff, will see how it fares. It came with the car and I have access to a lift if I need to change a rear main in the future

And yes, thick rods no squirters with an AW71 behind it

Car came with a new CHRA for the 13C so I am going to run it for the time being. I may do some performance mods in the future but for now it's staying stock drivetrain wise

Just sayin'.... if that engine is still OUT, change the rear main to Volvo OEM grey. Not so easy to drop an AW71 off with engine in situ. Super easy now.... and the Elring will leak, I promise you. Fronts easy peasy in car.

Nothing wrong with a bone stocker.... enjoy it.

Plan was to install the engine saturday, I can check with my parts dept about getting one overnight

Thanks for the tip. I used a Volvo OEM rms on the last engine overhaul I did in 2020 (still leak free) but the Elring was free so I figured I would use it

Back