• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1992 Volvo 960 Suspension?!

MiniMotoSX

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in quite a while. I ended up having to get rid of my old 940 :-( my first car at that because I bent all the valves & couldn't afford to keep it up at the time. It got donated to a church that fixes cars. I currently have a 2002 Camaro Z28. I'm starting to turn this into a drag car & need a new daily. I work at a car dealership & am always looking for Volvos to be traded in. The other day a 1992 Volvo 960 got traded in. They are going to give me it for real cheap! I just can't seem to find any sort of performance parts out there for it. I was able to find some stuff for my 940 out there but it seems like not much at all for the 960. Can anyone point me in a good direction before I make the move on this car? I'm mainly looking for more suspension related stuff. I want my handling on this one & have the speed for the Camaro!

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in quite a while. I ended up having to get rid of my old 940 :-( my first car at that because I bent all the valves & couldn't afford to keep it up at the time. It got donated to a church that fixes cars. I currently have a 2002 Camaro Z28. I'm starting to turn this into a drag car & need a new daily. I work at a car dealership & am always looking for Volvos to be traded in. The other day a 1992 Volvo 960 got traded in. They are going to give me it for real cheap! I just can't seem to find any sort of performance parts out there for it. I was able to find some stuff for my 940 out there but it seems like not much at all for the 960. Can anyone point me in a good direction before I make the move on this car? I'm mainly looking for more suspension related stuff. I want my handling on this one & have the speed for the Camaro!

What's you budget?

It is an Automatic sedan. I don't want to blow through the roof on this seeing as I am only spending 500 dollars on the car itself. But throw some stuff out there & I don't mind looking into it!

Front suspension on a 92-94 960 will be the same as 88-90 760, 91 940 SE and various other 700/900 cars with ABS. The main difference will be the cars 24 mm front stabilizer bar.

Front suspension on a 92-94 960 will be the same as 88-90 760, 91 940 SE and various other 700/900 cars with ABS. The main difference will be the cars 24 mm front stabilizer bar.

This is one of the biggest things I was wondering. I always knew that a lot of the parts between years & models were interchangeable.

Back