• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1993 245 -t +ls1

New year, new update.

Bought some 275/50R15 Nitto 555Rs, mounted on the same 15x8 ET0 wheels in the pictures above. With the narrowed 8.8 being 3/4" wider on each side than the Volvo axle, and the huge tires, alot of fender work was needed.

Heres the tire:

Split the quarter at the spot welds from the rocker all the way back past the spare tire well:

Tire is huge, ended up being alot bigger pull than I thought I'd need:

Here it is with the panel pulled approx. 2". Needs to go more, but unlike the 2-doors, the door frame and rocker are right next to the well:

Needed to section the panel and rocker, and create a flare:

Filled:

And primed - no body work or filler here, all metal:

\

Tucks all the way up without springs in it without rubbing! So you can definitely get a 275 radial under these cars even on an aggressive ET0 without an insane amount of work.
Only downside is the monster spacer I'm gonna need to make the street tires not look ridiculous in this wheel well lol.

I also nuked the 60E. Jake's 80E is on the way in, needs some substantial tunnel work as I'm sure everyone is aware. I'll post those up when its done, probably a month or two out.

Still haven't turbo'd the car yet, but that's next.

Last edited:
Lookin great. Love the work on the rear wheel wells!

Thanks! Can't really tub these cars without losing the back seat and stock appearance interior, I'm really happy with the result and it doesn't look awkward at all - especially without another 240 next to it (I think I've seen maybe 2 the entire time I've lived in SC), most people don't notice the pull.

Downside is I'm stuck with this diameter, 275/60R15s are way more common but are too tall to fit.

Also, tunnel mods are done for the 80E!

Very cool, not awkward at all.

My car is in a thousand piece and the quarters are all opened up for rust repair, I should get the body guy to do this while it’s apart.

This car is going to be fun! At least you have the space to run the bigger tires!

I'm really impressed with your fender-pull work! It smacks of quality and worksmanship. Do you have any recommendations for a tutorial video or other learning resource?

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with your fender-pull work! It smacks of quality and worksmanship. Do you have any recommendations for a tutorial video or other learning resource?

Thanks!

For advice, make friends with a guy who does sheet metal work for a living and toss him some bills lol. Thats why the exterior appearance is so perfect without filler :rofl:.
Pretty much any generic videos on metal shaping should have you covered, it wasn't that complicated, just time consuming.

Split the inner and outer quarters along those drilled out spot welds in the earlier photos, held it where it needed to be with the tacked on angle iron and straps, and cut out the stock inner wells and stretched them/added material to cover the gap that was created by the pull.

"towerymt" (I think thats how its spelled) has a great album and thread on what he did to fit an even larger tire than I have (road race tire on a 17x10.5 wheel or something huge like that).

Very cool, not awkward at all.

My car is in a thousand piece and the quarters are all opened up for rust repair, I should get the body guy to do this while it?s apart.

This car is going to be fun! At least you have the space to run the bigger tires!

It's not too bad, definitely pick out your wheel and tire and build the quarter around it. Especially if you're considering an 8.8, they're .75" wider each side and unless you want to run FWD offset style wheels, or a super tiny tire, you'll have to do it anyways.

It sure is nice having all the room in the world, although it looks like there are some turbo LS 240s on the smaller 235/60R15 drag radials that are in the low 10s so its certainly not necessary.

I couldn't even get the stock steel wheels and 185 wide tires on the car with the 8.8 in it to even roll it anywhere, so I was forced to do this. Kinda sucked, but I think it was worth it in the end.

Back