• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 door panels, all rotted

Very nice, Canuck. I wish I had the time, patience, and skill to take on a job like that. Nothing better than having something original that looks great and you did yourself.

Canuck. How did you drill/cut the holes for the clips that hold the panel to the door? On the factory panels, they slide into a slot that is cut with some kind of special tool.

Not really, its just a big hole with a smaller hole on top...drill 2 holes and file to fit....thats pretty easy..i think the hard part is getting the material stiched up properly and fit right....ill be making new panels soon, my mom does some sewing..ill see if whe wants to tackle that, did you just stich up the edges for a finished look?? or did you do something special with the stiching..

Mark

Not as super schmick as Craig's (really lovely job mate :nod:) but...

Driver's door
Image015.jpg

Passenger door and rear speakers
Image009-1.jpg

Mine weren't that mouldy/soft on the back so it gave me a good starting point. I removed all the original vinyl and weather strip, sanded it back finely and then using contact adhesive applied a thin foam underlay and finally the stretch fabric on top.

It's easy to cut up thin particle board to the shape you want (with extra ridges like Craig did if you desire) and then cover with foam and fabric.

Back