• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Factory Anti-Roll Bars?

92Sedan

I went underneath my Volvo to check for leaks and the suspension, I ended up finding out that my car has an anti-roll bar up front.

Was this an option for 1992 or did someone throw that on there at some point?

As for the "going to the left", well the chumps as Firestone never told me that my tire pressure is all out of whack.

I went underneath my Volvo to check for leaks and the suspension, I ended up finding out that my car has an anti-roll bar up front.

As for the "going to the left", well the chumps as Firestone never told me that my tire pressure is all out of whack.

They all came with sway bars.

yupp, they all had them front and rear.

there are thicker ones available for more roll correction if you want.

stock 240 turbos came with thicker (21mm?) swaybars and IPD sells 25mm swaybars.

You should maintain your own vehicle. Really, how hard is it to check your tires air pressure?

Firestone dudes can't follow you around to tell you when tire air pressures look/are low.

yupp, they all had them front and rear.

there are thicker ones available for more roll correction if you want.

Stock 240 turbos came with thicker 23mm front & 21mm rears on the sedans.
23F / 19R for the Turbo wagons.
IPD sells 25mm front and 25 & 22 rear swaybars.

Fixed

Wrong, my '76 244 did not come with a rear-bar. 244L, basic stuff. 16mm front I think.

:omg:

Learn something new err'day!

7 series wagons didn't come with a rear sway bar either. No front sway bar would be, like a squid rally ass something or other on maternity leave.

Last edited:
I was just curious about the sway-bars, since Volvo installed them from the factory I'd rather leave them on, they sure do keep the body roll down.

At Mr.Bandit: I do my own maintenence, I had to get some new tires at Firestone so I was hoping that they'd check the pressure.

I just fixed the tire pressure today but my car still wants to go to the left a little bit, I'm thinking that either one of the casters isn't doing its thing or its that most of my cargo found its way to the left in the trunk.

I was just curious about the sway-bars, since Volvo installed them from the factory I'd rather leave them on, they sure do keep the body roll down.

At Mr.Bandit: I do my own maintenence, I had to get some new tires at Firestone so I was hoping that they'd check the pressure.

I just fixed the tire pressure today but my car still wants to go to the left a little bit, I'm thinking that either one of the casters isn't doing its thing or its that most of my cargo found its way to the left in the trunk.

last chance....do a TYRE FLIP and remove that as a cause...sheesh...:roll:
(it WAS your query on left leaning car ..no??)

Back