• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 seat bottom grid.. where do springs go

Jack

junkman
I cant remember the correct spacing for the seat grid

i'm thinking this is right
fAdEXTn.jpg

might need to change the spring rate since you stiffened up the chassis.
seats are measured by fart count, not mileage

probably should have just used a sheet of plywood. That rebar is gonna wear your ass out.

When rebuilding 240 seats or servicing the seat heater element, I install a layer of cardboard between the foam and the seat grid. This protect the wires and springs from digging in and cutting the foam apart as well as helps keep the plastic reinforcement cast into the seat foam somewhat intact. USPS medium flat rate boxes are what I tend to use. Have also heard about people using fiberboard (aka a old clipboard) in this manner.

51743160973_93549d3a7f_c.jpg

When rebuilding 240 seats or servicing the seat heater element, I install a layer of cardboard between the foam and the seat grid. This protect the wires and springs from digging in and cutting the foam apart as well as helps keep the plastic reinforcement cast into the seat foam somewhat intact. USPS medium flat rate boxes are what I tend to use. Have also heard about people using fiberboard (aka a old clipboard) in this manner.

51743160973_93549d3a7f_c.jpg

Will next day air boxes work as well?

I used the wagonmeister support grid last time I rebuilt a seat about 8 years ago. As I recall it was mostly a piece of sheet stainless which was a good firm base for the seat.

Back