• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

245 rear antenna

norcal505

just curious, for what model year did volvo relocate the antenna on the 245's from the A pillar to the rear?
My car (a late 91' 92 model) has it on the rear....however, i've seen wagons with them on the front, however they have the rear seat headrests (which I thought were only available 91-on)? Was this optional at that point?

Rob

I think it was late '89 or '90. My '89 has cowl-mounted antenna, but it also has a hole for the rear antenna, and the wiring for the rear antenna. I need to check the build date on it and see how late in the year it was. I owned another '89 parts car for a little while, and it did not have the hole or wiring for the rear antenna.

My 88 has it on the A pillar (I like it there). An 89 I saw on Feebay had it on the A pillar but another 89 I bagged some parts off of in the JY was on the D pillar.

So.....sometime in 89.

Final answer.

I believe that it was a dealor installed itiem. I have had two 83 240 turbos. One had the mast on the A pillar while the other one has it on the trunk lid. Both were non-wagons.

It must have been between '90 and '91. I know of a 245 that has it on the front and it's a '90. The rear antennas are a terrible design.

My '89 has it on the rear.

245102409.jpg

My 90 had both the windshield A-pillar-antenna, and one on each rear fender.. aftermarket-shait, old reserve-taxi, i believe.

Back