• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 headlights

olov

doing something stupid
so just swapped the trans into the 940(base NA 93 940), checkign lights for the inspection and low beams are giving me crap. resoldered the relay(k) and still nothing, fuses seem fine. i get 12v to the light plug for high beams, but nothing for low beams

the parkign lights work, but when i turn to headlights the parking lights turn off

i bought the car, loaned it to a couple at work, everything worked as far as i know, i got it back with a chopped up radio wiring(read that it's related to the headlights somehow)

so if it's radio related, what color wires should be connected? i just got it with a bunch of cut wires hanging out of the dash and tossed in a spare aftermarket one

pulling the center console right now, not sure what i'm looking for
thanks
jason

edit: maybe one of these needs a 12v?

153832101.jpg

Last edited:
They cut one of the yellow wires that goes to the radio. That is what the problem is. It goes to the radio, and back to the relay. Fix that and you will have head lights again.

I'm going from memory, it comes to the radio connector as yellow with a white stripe, goes back to the relay as yellow. If you still have the radio connector there you will see they go to the same pin. The pin was the connection between those two wires.

so not one of those in the picture(i thought the front door speakers were yellow and white - i ran new wire to them)? hmmmm maybe i'll yank the relay tray out and try and pick out colors

They cut one of the yellow wires that goes to the radio. That is what the problem is. It goes to the radio, and back to the relay. Fix that and you will have head lights again.

I'm going from memory, it comes to the radio connector as yellow with a white stripe, goes back to the relay as yellow. If you still have the radio connector there you will see they go to the same pin. The pin was the connection between those two wires.

This. I was cutting as much factory audio wiring out of the harness as I could to get rid of the mess as i was running my own stuff anyways. Ended up having this same problem. I think I wrote somewhere or something which wires it was but I believe it was the yellow-white to yellow that needed to be attached.

Back