• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 T fault code 1-2-2

smallfry99

I put an IPD cam in my 1992 wagon. I am getting Fault Code 1-2-2.

Can someone please explain to me what this is? Is this the MAF? Could it be the switch/ sensor connected into the large hose that goes from the MAF to the intake of the turbo?
Below is a copy of the information I can find. Looking up "air temperature sensor" doesn't help much. Thanks for any help.

1-2-2Signal missing or faulty to/from air temperature sensorAir temperature sensor

There's 2 temperature sensors, the rearmost one with the spring clip and flat spade connectors is the one triggering the coolant temp sensor code. You're getting an EZK code but not LH code? There's 2 banks, make sure you're pulling all the codes. That EZK 1-2-2 code is odd because the LH receives the same signal from the sensor too. If there's no LH code then I'd honestly reset the EZK code and unplug and plug back in the EZK which is above the steering column in the dash.

yes, 1-2-2 is regina non-turbo air temp sensor

There's 2 temperature sensors, the rearmost one with the spring clip and flat spade connectors is the one triggering the coolant temp sensor code. You're getting an EZK code but not LH code? There's 2 banks, make sure you're pulling all the codes. That EZK 1-2-2 code is odd because the LH receives the same signal from the sensor too. If there's no LH code then I'd honestly reset the EZK code and unplug and plug back in the EZK which is above the steering column in the dash.
Its not a coolant temp code, 1-2-2 is not an LH code.

Thanks for getting back to me with input....

My Volvo is a 1992 Turbo wagon, Jetronic B230 with a 530 head. Bosch ignition. On the drivers side engine bay are 2 banks of "Test ports". Towards the motor is black and labelled "A". The second bank is towards the fender is grey and labelled "B". ( Both banks have black covers. Its when you lift the covers you see Black A and Grey B.

I get 1-1-1 on the Black Bank "A" on the engine side. This is checking hole 2 and 6. (Slot 3 tests injectors etc.).
I get 1-2-2 on the Grey Bank "B" on the fender side. The copper slot for reading is in hole 2

I did try clearing my system. I once owned a 740 with the Regina system. My 940 T is definitely not Regina. I still get 1-2-2.

I don't quite understand what EZK stands for unless you mean resetting the "service light" in the instrument panel?

Thanks again

I don't quite understand what EZK stands for unless you mean resetting the "service light" in the instrument panel?
A few years back (2006), member "Lord Tentacle" said ...

EZK is an add on module to the LH computer management system
the EZK 116 system is the standard system used by LH2.4
the EZK 117(?) system is the standard system used by LH2.2

The EZK module is made up of a couple parts;
a main board a case and a map chip
the map chip takes in information from:

the knock sensor, the power stage, the engine speed/ position sensor, the Engine coolant temperature sensor, throttle position sensor, and a load signal from the LH fuel computer

and based on a map it picks the amount of timing to run with the engine

OK, with 2 diag boxes, I think the 2nd one is for ABS

1-2-2Right side front wheel sensor: faulty signal at speed less than 40km/h

Thanks again for the help.

I don't know if this helps.... my car does have the 2 computers. One by the right passenger feet. The other under the dash. If it is an ABS sensor, is that a Volvo shop issue? The car runs nice. The higher lift IPD cam has left me with a bit of bumpiness in the idle but it runs great. May be irrelevant but I checked with the timing gun and with 94 octane I have 15 degrees advance at idle.

Is the EZK module the computer under the dash? Thanks again....

Ezk and ABS are under the dash next to the brake pedal, ECU is under the dash

Here is your issue

1-2-2: Right side front wheel sensor: faulty signal at speed less than 40km/h

Back