• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Turbo rubber fuel line under car

The only 7/16" I can find is rated at 35 PSI.
Which is perfectly acceptable for between the fuel sender and the input of the main pump as fuel is under low pressure at that point. I've been running this setup on various cars for years.

Used 1/2" High Pressure (up to 250 psi) fuel hose. Didn't have many options, this was pretty much it.

You had a workable option with the 7/16". You would be better off with a correctly-sized hose than using hose clamps to make 1/2" hose clamp down enough to fit.

Last edited:
Which is perfectly acceptable for between the fuel sender and the input of the main pump as fuel is under low pressure at that point. I've been running this setup on various cars for years.

You had a workable option with the 7/16". You would be better off with a correctly-sized hose than using hose clamps to make 1/2" hose clamp down enough to fit.

Agreed. The lift pump from tank to chassis, barely sees 10PSI, if that. So long as the chassis pump is running, this pump & hose feed the "suction side" of that chassis pump. If you could measure the amperage of this pump in normal operations, it would be quite low. There isn't much work being done by the pump to lift fuel ~ 2 feet in height (approx 0.5psi per foot elevation for static head). Use the 7/16" or OEM metric hose as I did.

I don't know how you forced a 7/16 hose on. It's so much easier to order the correct hose.

I don't know how you forced a 7/16 hose on. It's so much easier to order the correct hose.

I've never had a problem getting it on, even working in the confines of the trunk when attaching it to the sender. I started using it when a customer was headed out of town and there wasn't any 12mm hose to be had locally before they had to leave.

It works and it works all of the time for years now.

Back