• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

962j

Metro booster = success. With the 1mm larger master I used, and the 400 or so pounds the booster provides, my pedal doesdoesn't go quite as far, but stops with about half my effort now. There positive, firm, and predictable. Compliments things nicely.

Not usually a fan of 9 series, but this one is pretty damn great. Amazing build! Keep up the sick work.

Thanks. I really enjoy this car.

But the motor is out, spun a bearing. All the rest look brand new, so it rules out the tune, or oil pressure. Could be a machine shop error in improper crush on the bearing, some crap getting into the oiling system, so some other small things I could have created myself. Its getting the gauntlet of repairs, and you can be this time Ill be using MegaSquirts new feature of oil pressure tracking and alerting of you a userdefined low pressure setup.

I have this motor just kickin ass. Since Im flex fuel, I run water meth for gas and just leave it on for E85. Im currently getting E75 fuel, and with the water/meth Im using 85-90% of my 1220 cc injectors. With my new cams, that's well into the low 700whp range. Man are things crazy at that level.

Ill have it back together soon.

I'm in the same boat with a rod bearing I fear, after a recent track run. Gotta grab a set and roll some new ones in. Light rod knock til pressure builds, lower pressure than pre-track. Sucks for sure!

Gotta get a ride in that thing one of these days!

crank turned out to be bent from the heated rod journal. new crank is here via another long block. having a crappy time getting my injectors to idle, so bought a set of fic525's which is an ev14 style, and getting ready to plumb the intake for staged injection.

Damn, takes some doing on a journal to bend that setup. At least ya found it now though. I've got my fingers crossed that nothing besides rod bearings turns up on mine when I pull the pan...

Staged injection seems like a decent idea given where you're at with everything else.

my cranks so long it wont take much heat the shop said. I hope yours is ok. catch it soon enough and rolling in new ones should be all it takes.

Im kinda pissed about the injector deal. I bought FIC, although and EV1 style 1100cc unit and idle quality is crap. My dyno shop said its been the last year thats happened. My buddy with the 1j'd Bimmer has some AUS1200 injectors and idles beautifully, even on the smaller motor. Eh, im out of injector anyways, this will give me enough fuel on E85 to get to at least 35psi.

crank is dropped off at machine shop. ditching the clevites in favor of acl's this time around.

lol, seems like were chasing each other tail here! all the other 13 clevites looked great, ive just had problems in the past. I know its probably not the bearings fault, but time to try a different brand.

Sounds about right. I've had good luck with the ACL's, but the Sealed Powers are readily available from Summit for $40, as is the pan gasket, so it's one-stop shopping since I already needed header wrap anyway (due at my desk in an hour or two).

I still gotta get an oil temp sender before I do the bearings...gonna weld a bung in the pan and use a normal sender instead of the drain plug...

Sounds about right. I've had good luck with the ACL's, but the Sealed Powers are readily available from Summit for $40, as is the pan gasket, so it's one-stop shopping since I already needed header wrap anyway (due at my desk in an hour or two).

I still gotta get an oil temp sender before I do the bearings...gonna weld a bung in the pan and use a normal sender instead of the drain plug...

please make sure those SP bearings arn't alumium shells

Looks like the Clevites are going back in. Cost and availability are factors here. Im running the Performance bearing, so its not the standard at least, and the rest looked awesome, so it was that one only. A new theory, if anyone remembers, I had a crap injector spraying to much fuel on fire up. It was so shot that the engine would not idle less than a 13.5afr. So during cruise at 15.5 and on the dyno, just how lean were the other cylinders, and if number 2 was squirting just alittle less, is possible that detonation took out that rod bearing, and it just took the rest of the program and 4k miles for to detoriate.

Im looking at a 2qt Accusump at this point as a preoiler. My thought is to have a programmable output be on for like 4-5 seconds with key on to prepressure the motor, then have an "or" condition that opens the valve at more than say 50% throttle. This will keep oil pressure if it ever drops and maintain more pressure in the tube than idle will pressure up. Kind of a win/win all around.

You don't even have to go that advanced. They have a check valve that you can set the pressure on. Anytime the pressure is below what you set, it opens up and feeds oil in.

Are they adjustable? I see the 40psi units. Im sure that's enough pressure at start up, but I idle around 25lbs, so when I shut the car off there would only be that in the can. Id like to have a lot more for preoiling. I idle up to about 90psi on a cold start and run 70+lbs under boost.

Back