• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A few questions regarding fitting '91-93 AC in early 240s.

I'd be happy even with 45. Anything to make the interior bearable in the CA central valley. It would be nice to be able to drive to Oregon along I5 in some semblance of comfort.
45° is when the weather is reasonably cool. On 90°+ days, it can’t manage anything under 50-55°. Before sealing up the interior and heat shielding the floor it made no appreciable difference due to heat from the exhaust and transmission leaking through.

Sorted out numbers, 26.5 oz of refrigerant, 220cc (a bit under 8 oz) of PAG oil in the compressor. Can't believe I missed the sticker on the side of it that gave me the oil capacity.

Sorted out numbers, 26.5 oz of refrigerant, 220cc (a bit under 8 oz) of PAG oil in the compressor. Can't believe I missed the sticker on the side of it that gave me the oil capacity.
I thought there was a sticker on the compressor but I couldn’t remember without checking one. Don’t bother charging the system with R-134. Get Envirosafe. It gets much colder. You use 10 oz of Envirosafe.

I thought there was a sticker on the compressor but I couldn’t remember without checking one. Don’t bother charging the system with R-134. Get Envirosafe. It gets much colder. You use 10 oz of Envirosafe.
Interesting. I was intrigued by the HC stuff but am not sure of its legality in CA and read mixed statements about it.

I want to use the Envirosafe when I put a/c back in my turbo. Of course it's car a/c so nothing is truly cheap but an affordable safe refrigerant is nice.

I want to use the Envirosafe when I put a/c back in my turbo. Of course it's car a/c so nothing is truly cheap but an affordable safe refrigerant is nice.
If anything I may go that way if I ever decide to do AC in my amazon. It is getting mighty tempting given the temperatures where I live.

A guy named Jerry Sira if I recall correctly had a beautiful white Amazon resto mod that had a/c. Rotary compressor and other updates. He used to be active with the VCOA and always had a show worthy car.

Condenser is in, last bit other than plumbing and such is the drier, but I've hit a minor snag. The ignition coil is in the way. Where have other folks relocated that to?IMG_20230727_174844449.jpg

Condenser is in, last bit other than plumbing and such is the drier, but I've hit a minor snag. The ignition coil is in the way. Where have other folks relocated that to?View attachment 22851

In my 1975 originally the coil is mounted on the back of the drivers side shock tower near the hinge. When I installed the 1990 B230, I moved it to the front side as that is where the electronic ignition box for the B20 was placed in that year. When I installed the AC, this is where the AC relay is placed..

12893984365_c2278c31d3_c.jpg

51743111231_e8464d3c9f_c.jpg

I've been using Envirosafe for few years and it seems to work better than r134 in older systems.
Yeah, I just got it charged with 134a, blows cold, not super cold but cold. But I wasn't able to hit the stock 26.5 oz charge because my third 12oz can had a faulty self sealing valve on it.

Still satisfied. It'll make the car usable in the summer.

Back