• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ambient Temp Gage? 960

vvpete

So I went to the P&P yesterday and found a '95 960 with what I thought would be a trip computer, but after getting it out loks like a simple ambient temp gage. Could it be both or am I mistaken? It is located in the lower left corner of the cluster.

Also, looks like the car is pre-wired for this gage and plan on putting it into my '97 960. Anybody know if the temp sensor is also there pre-wired or do I need to go back and grab that too?
960AmbientTempGage_01.jpg

960AmbientTempGage_02.jpg

Its prewired for both the gauge and the temp sensor. The sensor is located on the driver side front bumper, underneath, it looks like a small button. It is connected by one of those D-shaped connectors. You should be able to find yours on your car to see where it is located.

Also you have to make sure your connector for the gauge is the same as the temp gauge you have, there are 2 types the "white" connector and the "black" connector. The black ones seem to be on the earlier models.

-Tim

Last edited:
Thanks. So this is most likely not going to fit my '97 since it's from a '95 960. I also know that the ambient temp gage for a '95 940 is the same as the '95 960.

I'll go back & grab the sensor, but will probably be selling this one.

Thanks. So this is most likely not going to fit my '97 since it's from a '95 960. I also know that the ambient temp gage for a '95 940 is the same as the '95 960.

I'll go back & grab the sensor, but will probably be selling this one.

Don't know, easiest (sort of) is the pull the cluster and see.

Back