• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 N/A build up

Boosted2003

Need pictures of b230k carb intake manifold.

Im going to be using 12:1 compression pistons

Stock 531 head (Have too I know)
Upgraded valve train. 3 angle valve job up to 75 degrees

Nice header

Going to be running a 4412 Holley Carb (500CFM) or smaller
Dichromate Finish
Factory Set 50cc Accelerator Pump
Power Valve Blowout Protection
Manual Choke
Model 2300 W/Center Hung Float
Adjustable Needle and Seat
Ford A/T Kickdown
100% Wet Flow Tested

Will run a nice cam. Havent figured out what yet.

Block mounted distrubtor.

Im not sure what cam I should run. Going to run from like 4500-7500 rpms. Want at least 160hp.

i like it, especially your dudetacular compression ratio choice.

except i dont like the holley, mostly because of the craptastic intake design you would need to use it.

side draft anything is probably better than what it would take to clear the holley.

whats this all for? i would hate to be forced to run anything Nascar approved in a race engine, unless it was a cup engine, in which case i'd have ~750hp under the hood

where do you get the intake, the penta motors are the same, can you get a carbed marine intake?
Why did you decide to carb it, I like em, but most euro car owners disown the idea of carbs.

well in the class thinking im going to race agian you have to have a carbed motor. Most people use ford 2.3l engine. Including my dad. I think the ford head is horrible design so Figured I would try my hand at building a n/a volvo motor to see if I can get some higher hp output. If it makes the numbers I want then Ill start to build a tubed chassis off of a 240 floorboards and firewall.

carbed performance

Sounds like you're planning on some circle track racing with your car? I went to the track in Waynesboro, VA when I was visiting my cousin and there was a class for 4 cylinder cars and the small pickup trucks. There were pintos and the Ford rangers along with S10 pickups racing fender to fender. I think that was a 3/8 or half mile track? It was a hilarious place. The regulars would just drink their beers and toss the cans or bottles right over their shoulders then start on another one.

What a fun yet deafening night.

Why not use sidedrafts? webers, dellortos or solex's!!!!! They will breathe better, be less prone to fuel starvation when cornering and are just plain cool to look at. It also looks like it would be pretty easy to make a manifold using the existing Volvo manifold.

Drawbacks: Better know what your doing when your tuning them, a good exhaust is needed and really effects how they react.

For what its worth, you'll make more hp, get better response, and it will sound MUCH better with sidedrafts, just tuning them is a pain in the buttoxes.

Back