• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Babby's first MSnS

beepee

how hard can it be?
megasquirt_time.jpg

MS v3.0 PCB
MS-II cpu

Going from LH2.4 to MSnS.

So far:

- wired for VRIN and VROUT (not VRINV)
- have stuff to wire in BIP373.

1. Current limit circuit for driver FET protection (R37, R38) - necessary? Beneficial? Will be using low-z w/resistor pack
2. Active flyback clamp circuit - needed/beneficial with resistor pack?
3. PWM idle control - any special tips to use the bosch IAC?

I believe that I have all the components needed to make this thing go sans an IAT. I even have the TPS from a 960 TB - will this bolt on or will I need an adapter? Eventualy I will be using the 960 TB so it's not a big deal if it won't.

tia,

--bp

crosspost from my project thread: made some progress on my DIY MSPnP setup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1TVrxu8BYUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(the video will be rotated whenever youtube decides to rotate it)

dizzy for now - using the stock MS3 stuff for direct coil control

really? it's just one extra wire out for a second coil, and you can either get a second bip373 or run an external ignitor like dna suggested(what we did on hockey's car - if you've got the parts it's not any harder than the stock stuff)

i plan on doing wasted spark later - i did it and re-did it with MrBill's car so i'm familiar with the process. for now though, dizzy.

crosspost from my project thread: made some progress on my DIY MSPnP setup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1TVrxu8BYUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(the video will be rotated whenever youtube decides to rotate it)

shoulda called me, theres a much faster and easier way.

It felt so liberating to finally clear out the last of the factory LH2.4 wiring from my car. There were always so many mysterious unused wires all over the place, under the hood, in the footwell.

I'm certainly still using some of the wiring. But all the unused stuff was either repurposed or removed. I should have taken a picture of the large pile of wiring that was left over.

it's not that tedious. there's a method. also, just noticed-you noobed it up on the board there, shoulda put the IC's to the right of the chip in sockets.

Back