• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brand new '81 262C Bertone Coupe . . .

1006146.jpg

http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...m-parts/trim-moulding/clip-body-trim/1006146/

Volvo number 1247708 is skandix 1006146 wheel arch clip
Volvo number 1202961 is skandix 1012454.
Tom check the pic of the 1012454 and tell if it matches the one on the front trim above the bumper.

Yeah, guess I need to pull the engine and paint it to match the gold top.

Serious vacuum leak on that engine.

Thanks for the wheel trim clip info.

In anticipation of needing a few here is the best price for wheel opening clips that I found . . . if it wasn't for the shipping from Europe.

Wheel Trim Volvo part number: 1247708

http://www.cvi-automotive.se/en/articles/2.14504.52184/clips-kit-1247708-25-pcs

images

Front small stainless trim Volvo part number: 1202961

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/1202961

1202961.jpg

After pulling the stainless trim off the wheel well openings I would agree with RWC that they are not reusable. Certainly the rear aren't and the front are difficult.

The belt trim clips mostly survived but am looking for new ones.

The rocker panel clips did not survive. They are available on ebay for $12 for a set of 26.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-240-2...ash=item565b8ddea7:g:T~IAAOSwdsFUNnod&vxp=mtr

The Bertone had 6 8mm speed nut attached trim clips used at the front end of the front wheel well trim, at the back end of the rear belt molding and at each end of the belt molding across the trunk lid.

57218cce-126a-467e-8a18-c5f664da60d4.jpg

They are easy to get off if you know they are there and destroyed if you use the trim clip pliers.

Last edited:
Posting here so others will also know. Wheel arch fenders take 9 clips ea. , rear 1/4 panel takes 7 clips per side.

At some time in the past there were comments on the "Bertone" badge on the lower fender. The badge does have aluminum pegs but rather than bent over they are held by nylon grommets. Just like the Bertone crown on the 'C' column. At least on my '81.

Bertone20Fender20Bertone.jpg

Last edited:
If you can't find that narrow clip for the front trim, the supply house shows it on their "clip/ fastener" board. Theirs is black but was out of stock on Saturday when I last checked. About $12 for a box of 50. Not sure if they have the nylon grommet for the badge but I think you can rescue those.

Nelson, I will check with you before ordering anything else. The front trim clips are arriving today from Tasca for $1.87 each.

I do need the wheel arch clips. Like RWC said they don't survive. I couldn't get them off without damage even with the pins out. Let me get the lower trim off and do an inventory there also. Most of the belt trim clips survived but if they are that cheap I might spring for all new

Home again . . . home again . . .

. . . dancing a jig - Mother Goose

Got the Bertone back from the paint shop. Giant step forward and now only a few months to get everything back on.

Bertone20back20from20paint20shop.jpg

20170527_202741.jpg

Last edited:
About a million things to clean, polish or otherwise fondle before going back on. All the side trim is in pretty sorry condition at least from sun fade and deterioration damage plus probably some wax. Cleaned it with a wire brush, a 3M scuff pad with alcohol, a little polish with 400 grit W/D using alcohol where the surface was a little rough then a wipe down with a paper towel and alcohol. Lots of 36 year old dirt and other stuff came off.

After an extensive internet search for something better than 'Back to Black' settled on this product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191951363167?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Impressed so far. Easy to put on after all the cleaning, doesn't stick to paint of the stainless steel trim and seems to color the plastic black again. Trial on the V8 wagon looked good after a rain but have no info on how long it will last.

20170627_144637.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see it at Pebble Beach Tom! My buddy John (yellow Citroen) and his wife were down this weekend --- looking to move from Lynchburg, VA out to Albemarle, NC. He and I went for a long ride in mine this morning, and I went for another long ride this evening. All seems to continue working well. John sold the yellow Citroen. He has a Citroen SM (Maserati V6) in the process of having the engine/suspension being gone through. Doubt he'll make it down to Greenville in that one. Also working on a light restoration of a pretty clean '95 Volvo T5R. He may bring that one down in the fall -- we can all sit together!

Signed up for the Greenville Eurofest show today . . .

No, I have not forgotten about finishing this project!

Since the last post nearly all the thousands of things I took off for the paint have been cleaned, polished or painted as appropriate.

20170606_161921.jpg

There is one more headlight mount that needs paint and the two big commando bumpers that need polishing and I think reinstall can begin.

20170625_151947.jpg

The big issue remaining is sanding and polishing the now double tape line where the gold and bronze meet. I have the double vinyl pin striping waiting on that to get done.

Last edited:
1247708 sells for $12 plus tax for 50 pcs.
Except the aftermarket clips suck and won't properly secure the trim for very long. Buy genuine Volvo clips. My son's wagon has the aftermarket ones and if you bump the trim (like when washing it), it falls off the damned car.

Except the aftermarket clips suck and won't properly secure the trim for very long. Buy genuine Volvo clips. My son's wagon has the aftermarket ones and if you bump the trim (like when washing it), it falls off the damned car.

I hear that from a lot of people but mine have been on for 6 years now with no issues

Back