• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carlisle Import and Kit Nationals May 15-17 2015

:spin: 2 months and 9 days! It'll be a 6-8 hour drive for us, what will it be for all of you? (Though I don't know if that's including bypassing Carlisle for the Perkins. I assume so.)

hopefully the 242 will be there in all its rusted glory

Which one?!:lol:

I would like everyone to get a good scratch and sniff of a genuine flathood, up close, in as found condition.
Will there be another there or do I have the only one left?

30 minutes!

Jealous haha, though, long trips are fun with the right person/people.
I have no doubt that the 6-8 hours will seem like 30 minutes to me! xD Maybe Matt will think it'll be longer. To be honest I can be a lot to handle if I'm hyped.

Let's hope he doesn't get annoyed enough to push me out 2 or so hours in. If so, then it's time to tuck and roll!

I think what he means by orriginal flat hood is that it had a flat hood from the factory.

Not exactly.
My car is a factory intercooled '83.
Yes it came with the old style 4 cylinder hood but that's not what makes it special.
There were 500 built for FIA homologation and most of them have now disappeared.

2bde_12.jpg
[/IMG]

I remember reading a magazine article on installing an intercooler on a 240 and increasing the boost.
"as soon as the oil was up to temp and our string-back gloves were secure, we applied judicious pressure to the accelerator pedal".. Or something like that.

I have high hopes of the 244 making thr trip this year but if I can't put it together in time the 245 will make the journey again

Back