• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cd009 vs t5 vs getrag vs ? For volvo 740 turbo

I wouldn't go with a used one unless you know what it came from. The tags can be missing to identify them. I got mine from z1 motorsports, but if you can get one you know is good. Go for it.
I found one on ebay from a seller who only sells Nissan parts has over 4k items sold and 100% satisfaction so I feel relatively safe there. I considered going the z1 route but buying an over $2k transmission and then immediately cutting it up and voiding all warranty for a new part made the used route make more sense for what I am going for.

I found one on ebay from a seller who only sells Nissan parts has over 4k items sold and 100% satisfaction so I feel relatively safe there. I considered going the z1 route but buying an over $2k transmission and then immediately cutting it up and voiding all warranty for a new part made the used route make more sense for what I am going for.
It was really hard to cut it off, but they also do not warranty it if you install it in anything but the car it was intended for. Says it right in the paperwork I got with it. The seller being good has zero to-do with it. The csrs these come out of just get beat. I am sure your fine, just sucks to spend a 1000 bucks and have it grind.

It was really hard to cut it off, but they also do not warranty it if you install it in anything but the car it was intended for. Says it right in the paperwork I got with it. The seller being good has zero to-do with it. The csrs these come out of just get beat. I am sure your fine, just sucks to spend a 1000 bucks and have it grind.
I caved and bought a new one. Considering my goal is to never pull the trans out again buying a beat up used one just seemed too risky. Now I just have to play the waiting game till everything gets here. What shifter did you use and how do you like it? That's the last part I need to order.

I caved and bought a new one. Considering my goal is to never pull the trans out again buying a beat up used one just seemed too risky. Now I just have to play the waiting game till everything gets here. What shifter did you use and how do you like it? That's the last part I need to order.
Oh don't worry. You will be taking it out at least once. Lol

I have a 240 so I used the Autosports engineering front mount. It works well, they make a good one for a rear mount for 7/9 series.

I have a 240 so I used the Autosports engineering front mount. It works well, they make a good one for a rear mount for 7/9 series.
Bummer I haven't been able to find a pic of any installs in 7/9 series. I'm considering this one:
But not sure if the extra height will be an issue

I have yet to see one of those in a 740 with a good shifter position and finding a good one at a good price is part of what's driving me to think the cd009 would be a better fit. I'm also talking overall package not just which trans would be best that's been discussed a thousand times. My question is more related to which one would it be easier to get all necessary components for.
Yoshifab sells an entire cd009a kit. It's expensive, but I called him on the phone and was almost overwhelmed with how knowledgeable he was. I can assure you the cd swap is the way to go and tho it's expensive, worth every single cent. Ask @volvosruinedmylife about how much he enjoys his cd swap. His 242 is personally my dream car.

Bummer I haven't been able to find a pic of any installs in 7/9 series. I'm considering this one:
But not sure if the extra height will be an I have heard good and bad things about the Collins. I know Tony Angelo on YT just used one of those in his swap into a sl500.

Yoshifab sells an entire cd009a kit. It's expensive, but I called him on the phone and was almost overwhelmed with how knowledgeable he was. I can assure you the cd swap is the way to go and tho it's expensive, worth every single cent. Ask @volvosruinedmylife about how much he enjoys his cd swap. His 242 is personally my dream car.
Lol! Thanks! Its my dream car too. The swap all said and done, everything yoshifab, stage three clutch kit with flywheel, shifter, driveshaft,crossmember, amd hydro clutch kit. Cost just shy lf 6 grand.
I could have done it for less, but this car was a dream of mine to build. I don't regret it one bit. My car felt pretty good with the m46, but with the gearing and short throw made it a completely different animal.

Finally recieved everything and got the driveshaft assembly balanced last week. Hoping to get it all in soon and get it added to the build thread with some videos of the install!

Just looking for some advice/ recommendations for my next trans. I know all of them can hold the power I'm planning to make (<300hp) and hold up to the endurance racing I'm planning on doing but I'm wondering what would be the easiest to get parts for to complete the whole swap? The car is currently a stock m46 and the brand new clutch is slipping but if I pull this m46 out again I am not putting it back in. What would you go with if you were starting from scratch today? If it was 5 years ago I may have went with a t5 but considering it doesn't fit as well in a 740 and isn't nearly as easy to find I'm leaning more towards the cd009 but still open to any recommendations!
Hey form socal. is that m47 for sale?

Back