• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cherry hall sensor RPM spikes

are you using something other than msextra? The only filtering i see under ignition settings is for the edis module and that would not seem to be consistent with using points. Are you talking about that masking function in the non msextra code?

ms3 v1.4

IMG_20160211_175430_zpsj25yhmxs.jpg

I am getting things to work, farts on occasion, but requires a lot of fiddling with these filters.

Last edited:
Wait, are you using the points as the trigger or triggering off the negative coil lead? I'm confused.

Points.

Anyway I don't want to further derail chris's thread. My conclusion, MS hardware probably could be more noise resistant and the latest filters in the newer versions can take care of a lot of noise.

Points.

Anyway I don't want to further derail chris's thread. My conclusion, MS hardware probably could be more noise resistant and the latest filters in the newer versions can take care of a lot of noise.

No worries on the derail! the whole using points as a trigger signal seems way scary to me. and honestly I thought that using the crane opto in the dizzy with all those sparks flying around was iffy.

Points.

Your issue isn't noise then, it's debounce. Two entirely different things.

Even the ms manual states you're not supposed to use points as a trigger for this exact reason.

Noise filtering CAN filter debounce, but it's not a good practice to feed that sort of signal to the ECU. A proper crank trigger would be more effective and work as intended. It's not the MS's fault you're feeding it a bad signal.

Last edited:
Back