• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 242 Daily Driver. PROJECT GRANDPA

Did you cut/buff the car? The paint looks great in the last pic.
No not at all. The paint is nice but pretty chalky. After banging out the dent and fixing the rust Im going to get some paint work done and get it buffed out. It's to nice of a car to let the rust eat it up at this point. Also sold the Nissan transmission. Couldn't deal with the amount of hammering that would have needed to happen to make it fit. I'm just going to burn up my credit card at summit :D

Well, she looks shiny in the pic of the drivers side. I've got a LS2 GTO T56 in mine and its been awesome. I ended up cutting the tunnel open where the shifter comes through on mine to make everything fit nice, but it did make the carpet fit a little funny under the console plastic. I also put the reverse lockout delete deal on it to make it fit. Ground clearance is fantastic overall.

No not at all. The paint is nice but pretty chalky. After banging out the dent and fixing the rust Im going to get some paint work done and get it buffed out. It's to nice of a car to let the rust eat it up at this point. Also sold the Nissan transmission. Couldn't deal with the amount of hammering that would have needed to happen to make it fit. I'm just going to burn up my credit card at summit :D
Tkx
Tkx
Tkx

Tkx
Tkx
Tkx
Im gonna go t56 measurements put the shifter in the wrong spot for me. I have the engine slid pretty far back and with my intake and everything the shifter doesn't look like it's going to land in the hole. I'm most likely going to go t56 since I've done it before.

T56 is the move dollar for dollar, the complete TKX setup costs as much or more than a new T56 setup.

T56 is the move dollar for dollar, the complete TKX setup costs as much or more than a new T56 setup.
the biggest thing to me is the shifter is no where near the right spot. i would love to use the tkx To be honest but i dont want to hack up the floor which is what would need to happen based on my engine position. i think with a non truck intake you can get the engine slightly further back but this engine is never going to not have a truck intake. As i was about to buy a new t56 i though i would check out the used market one more time. all i can say is type in what you want and look at every single add even if the listing description doesnt show what you want. ended up scoring a ls2 t56 with TOB hurst shifter and bellhousing for 1600 bucks. this will drop right in place of the current slush box. I have a f body shifter and the shifter reciever so i can center the shifter a little more and sell the hurst potentially.

mfDg1Tf.jpg

are you keeping this thing NA? I might still have a stock LS7 clutch on a LS1 FW kicking around that you could score for free if you want to make the trip.

are you keeping this thing NA? I might still have a stock LS7 clutch on a LS1 FW kicking around that you could score for free if you want to make the trip.
that sounds perfect! it would be nice coming up there too to see you and your shop again. This one is probably going to just stay n/a. if i need more power i will probably put a 6.2 truck engine or a ls3 in it.

I also installed a proportioning valve for the rear brakes. havent really done or needed much adjustment. I also did a while youre in there mod and installed a line lock, i have it triggering off a wagon style fog light switch which triggers a relay and uses the horn circuit as the line lock.

u1o3SJ1.jpg

Did you remove the OG rear proportioning valve (or whatever it's called) before you installed the new one pictured above?

Just curious. Also considering the single circuit mod and the sn95 master.

Did you remove the OG rear proportioning valve (or whatever it's called) before you installed the new one pictured above?

Just curious. Also considering the single circuit mod and the sn95 master.

yea the original proportioning valves in the rear are gone. the octopus is plugged in the center to separate circuits. Honestly the brakes feel better then my my old car with the ctsv brakes. The pedal is a tad stiff but the brakes work amazingly well. comparing this car to my station wagon which has stock brake routing is night and day.

Did a wide open pull. Man I forgot how slow these engines are bone stock. Looking at the data it probably makes around 250ish at the wheel. It's peppy for what it is but the gearing isn't helping much either. I want to do the transmission swap here in the coming weeks and decide if it needs more power in the form or forced induction or displacement.

Got some different wheels for it. I like the e1s a lot better to be honest. Next up is som coilovers, 6 speed manual, and some big brakes. Going to to some cooling mods on the car and get it ready to do a hooked on driving event at Laguna seca.

FzW1y82.jpg

Transmission and everything is out. found the source of my vibrations, top of the bell housing was hitting the firewall. had to remove the intake manifold to pull the transmission.

6ToRkDM.jpg

Jesus that was fast! Probably woke the car up a bit with the manual trans?
It really woke it up. its a bone stock 4.8 in it so its not a speed demon however it has gobs of down low torque. I put 3.31s in the car with the spartan locker because i was gonna stay with the 60e, the gears are very long but it feels awesome to drive. it makes enough power to be really quick but not enough to destroy the tires every time you down shift and floor it.

So for those wondering if you do your swap on the cheap and use the 4l60e auto the t56 drops right in place. Did a tiny bit of trimming at the back of the shifter opening. the engine is slid back about as far as you can get it. Used a stock late model ls1 clutch kit. tilton master, sts pedal and crossmember. everything basically bolted right up. the entire swap took about 5 hours which was nice. i used a stock f body shifter, i like the long throws. It has completely transformed the fun factor of the car. I also feel like young dumb kid again driving his first stick shift car and have to be a bit careful with it.

svJy8L7.jpg

SB4hZr9.jpg

Bnf6FBH.jpg

P4Jcken.jpg

Back