• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Does this metal doohickey need painting now it's ground?

Forg

In order to fit a CAS I've had a chopper-wheel added to the "wheel" on the front of the crank which holds the accessory-drive pulleys (and which holds the cam-pulley in place).

The half-UFO-shaped (ferrous) metal guide which keeps the cam-belt in place needed grinding down, in order that it all fit back together.

See pikky below, it poked-out too far so I've ground the walls down a bit (no pix after griding it down, the following hows why it needed grinding):

wheel_size_compare_zpse1ea6479.png

The question is whether this bit should really be painted, now I've ground away a fair bit of it? I don't know if it's coated in something already, you can see from the colour that it is very lightly rusted but it's not super rusty so it must have something on it ... I only have access to rattle-can paintage, and don't want to do a big gluggy job, if I don't need to do that painting. I suspect, however, that I should ...

Thorts?

Back