• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ebay 122 Aluminum Radiators: + or - ?

polaris

Mk V
Looking like I might need to find a replacement radiator for my 1967 122S in the near future. Want to get some data points on whether the aluminum ones on Ebay are great, meh or a grenade waiting to detonate. IIRC when these initially came out it sounded like there might be some fitment issues. Realize I can take the existing radiator to a shop or get a new one from VP or IPD, I am interested in seeing are these a viable option.

If you have first-hand experience with these aftermarket radiators, I would appreciate hearing about it in detail.

Background:
Found this 122 3-some years ago with a seized engine on Craiglist. PO noted the flickering oil light but didn't bother to check the oil level until it died outside of Sausalito. Given a free B18 out of a backyard in Santa Cruz and was able to get it back on the road.

53443324209_027c8f51c5_c.jpg

53443009716_ea44a7d351_c.jpg

No experience with them myself. I ended up with a new OEM style radiator on my '67 when the original sprung a leak (same cost as a recore job).

I have read that the brackets are backwards for some Amazon years, meaning some cutting and welding to mount it right. That was the big thing that pushed me away from them, not to welding aluminum yet.

Back