• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Evo injectors on stock B230FT fuel rail?

murddraals

Latvia (not too far from the Moose Motherland)
Hello guys,
So here is the thing. I need a 550-580cc injectors and found out that one of the most common options I can get my hands locally on is the ones from late Evos (8/9). According to the information I found, they flow @ 3 bar FP. Haven't seen them live yet, I only about to.
Anyway, here's the question. Anyone of TB members use them on stock fuel rail? Do they fit just right in or any adapter/extender / whatever is necessary? What about the wiring harness?

Any info will be really appreciated.

hi i used evo injectors on a stock fuel rail but i was running ms. they literally sat in place with some movement of seals they held great. im selling a set if your interested

hi i used evo injectors on a stock fuel rail but i was running ms. they literally sat in place with some movement of seals they held great. im selling a set if your interested

What oring setup did you use? Typically the evo stuff has an 11mm oring at the fuel rail and we are setup for a 14mm

I see they sell 11mm to 14mm adapters to convert the top, the bottom is tough since there is no actual oring groove but rather a fat squareish style oring

Toyotas run the same style as well

Any old Ford uses injectors with same diameter as ol' Volvo. Pretty dang standard oring, but I have known in years past to buy Bosch injector kits. They still kick around the shop. I suggest newish orings on any injector pull/install. Fire hazard if you don't. I have seen plenty of injector leaks in me day.

I tried this again last night. With a softer top oring I was able to manipulate it into the fuel rail. Have to be careful as the oring can roll out. The bottom side, I'm betting works great on the stock intake where the boss is big and is like a big countersunk hole and the stock fuel rail kinda smooshes it to seal, but something like my intakes where the oring has to go inside, it won't work. I've tried this on the dyno when I lost an injector, fitting an evo style. Had to find a set of 14mm's to work to get me home

Any old Ford uses injectors with same diameter as ol' Volvo. Pretty dang standard oring, but I have known in years past to buy Bosch injector kits. They still kick around the shop. I suggest newish orings on any injector pull/install. Fire hazard if you don't. I have seen plenty of injector leaks in me day.

the various box stores normally sell injector o-ring kits for like ~$5 for a box of 8. had pretty good results with that except on the v8, stupid rails have sharp edges apparently and it's easy to nick the o-ring, which results in immediate gasoline showers.

Back