• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fitting t-5

Matthieu

I know this has probable been talked about before but. I was wondering what a shift block is. In the t-5 article is says to fit a t-5 in a 700-900 you need a shift block to get the right position of the shifter. Does the 302 (ford 5.0) swaps need a mod to correct the shift position
Thanks
Matt
740 wagon

I've got a T5 in my car and I have no idea what it is the article is talking about. If I look straight down in the shifter hole in the body of my car, the tailshaft of the transmission is right there. The piece the shifter attaches too that comes up out of the transmission is directly below the rear of the fuse panel. I made my own shifter that moved the shift knob back. about 3 or 4 inches.

I'd like to see what the spacer is that the article mentiones, because looking at my car, there's no way it would work properly, I'd still have to modify a shifter.

I'll be swapping into my 900 soon, do you have pics of the shifter you made to move it back?

Back