• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel Distributor Mod

242DL

So a 240 guru suggested to me a way to boost the power on a B21F motor was to change the stock fuel distributor to a 1976 version which has a larger hole, thus allowing more fuel to enter the combustion chamber. Apparently 1976-82 models had smaller holes in the fuel distributors. However, is it possible to use the fuel distributor from a 1975 model (B20F) instead which also has a larger hole?

A massive air leak was found -- we poured water over the intake manifold and the injector area and the engine bogged down. I'm having the intake manifold gasket replaced so the manifold will be popped off and I was considering modifying the fuel distributor whilst the manifold was off...anybody else done this before?

Not sure about using one from a 75. But it would be pretty simple to install a turbo fuel system on a NA car. Though in reality the stock distributor will flow enough fuel to drown the engine, it's a matter of adjusting the control pressure, reduce it and you have more fuel available. My '76 was pretty quick after I modded the CPR, seriously quick, I often lost my grip on the steering wheel taking off from a dead stop, the front of the car would raise up to the top of the shock travel under WOT through first gear. Sadly it wasn't consistent and I've not had such success with latter K-jet cars. I can report that the '79 & '80s we owned had very strong engines and great top end, this was also consistent for all '79 & '80 NA models I've driven in the past (they were only a few years old then though).

If you can find an electrically controlled valve (read: solenoid) that will work with fuel, you could set this up to bleed off control pressure, and thus increase fuel flow, this is basically what the lambda-sond system does, though that system bleeds off line pressure, but has the same effect on the control pressure. If you have the lambda-sond, you could try grounding terminal 7 or 11, this will give a bit of extra fuel, though you might need a Turbo lambda-sond ECU, not sure on that point.

Back