• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel pressure regulator

black 940

I searched fuel pressure regulator and came up with nothing. I took the vacume line off my fpr today and it smells of fuel, am I correct in assuming time for a new one? I have been getting poor gas mileage around 20mpg in my '93 945 Turbo and am thinking this and the O2 sensor may be to blame. Can anyone point me to a place to buy an FPR, I have heard in the past of people using some type of dodge fpr. My car is completely stock with the exception of 15g and running 10 psi boost. Would one of these fprs be a good idea???
Thanks.

a stock one should be fine. while you're at it make sure to check the vacuum hose if it doesnt leak

may as well get a 4 bar dodge fpr if you need a replacement. and 20mpg isn't so bad in a 940t.. is that mostly highway driving? how often are you in boost?

That is with a good bit of highway driving.

What is the 4bar dodge fpr off of so I can get one? Is it a direct fit? Will this make me run even richer? Do I need a computer upgrade with that? Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to mess the engine up.

The vacume line is fine, I have replaced them all. All is well on that front. Thanks for the sugestion though.

lh2.4 will adjust itself accordingly for the higher fpr (you'll run rich for 200-300 miles before it gets it right). no ECU upgrade necessary. I would change it before you go on a long freeway drive. you can get them off any '88 and up turbo dodge.. they are the same size and shouldn't require any fabrication. more info from an old post by LAO:

4 bar FPR found on older turbo I turbo dodges w/ the newer style intake manifold (that draw throw but blow through like ours). bosch part # 280 160 260. mopar # 4306015 437. these bolt right into the volvo rail and will need a 1/4 fuel line to go from the return line on the FPR to the tank. this is a little smaller than the stock return line. this is a 4 bar FPR ... takes fuel pressure up to 55psi.

Back