• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fwd v70r's?

so they're bad on the earlier models? like 1st gen Cross Countrys?

IF they're like the ones on P2 XC70's, then I can vouch for them to be crap.
Like take this instance-I was 'offroading' and the front wheels kept spinning, rear would not kick in. finally me and some friends had to push the car, and give it gas, and it finally came loose.

It sucks. Hard. It's best to just make them FWD.

Wrong.

4C-1.jpg

And it works. An you can feel it working in an R - I don't know if the AWD is different for say a 2.5T or a T5 but it's plenty satisfying in an R.

But of course, any car that's either not completely AWD or completely RWD is considered fail on this forum. In reality, in day to day driving you shouldn't be sliding around on roads looking like a retard.

In the first generation V70R, it's nice when it's working. The angle gear is a $4000 repair. FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS. The viscous couplings are also expensive.

Wrong.

http://v70r.com/home/defgh1/Lessons/4C-1.j

And it works. An you can feel it working in an R - I don't know if the AWD is different for say a 2.5T or a T5 but it's plenty satisfying in an R.

But of course, any car that's either not completely AWD or completely RWD is considered fail on this forum. In reality, in day to day driving you shouldn't be sliding around on roads looking like a retard.[/QUOTE]

cool your intake charge, turbo. he is speaking of AND shows pictures of the first gen v70rs.

Wrong.

http://v70r.com/home/defgh1/Lessons/4C-1.jpg

But of course, any car that's either not completely AWD or completely RWD is considered fail on this forum. In reality, in day to day driving you shouldn't be sliding around on roads looking like a retard.

well, yes, clever computers... but it doesn't changes the fact that it is a Haldex system, not a "real" awd...
And still a lot better than my fwd :-P:lol:

the p2 stuff might be up to par, but it would appear that anything not of the p2 stuff is not up to any challenge other than marketing..

Wow, so many misconceptions about MKI V70R's.

1. They are AWD. All of them.

2. That car does not have AOC (Active On-demand Coupling). Meaning, it's not computer controlled. There is no fuse. There is no Four-C system. It's an old school viscous coupling.

3. All people do is remove the propeller shaft. Takes a whole 10 minutes. It's cheaper than the 4500 dollar bevel gear that fails. (Actually, it's usually just the splined sleeve that fails).

2. That car does not have AOC (Active On-demand Coupling). Meaning, it's not computer controlled. There is no fuse. There is no Four-C system. It's an old school viscous coupling.

3. All people do is remove the propeller shaft. Takes a whole 10 minutes. It's cheaper than the 4500 dollar bevel gear that fails. (Actually, it's usually just the splined sleeve that fails).

thank you

Just to be clear, state side they are all AWD. Overseas, they are either FWD or AWD.;-)

Back