• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

hoisting the engine?

Every time I've ever pulled an engine I've always done it sans head, using head bolts as lift points.

Now I'm about to hoist up my engine off the engine stand, attach a transmission to it, and then put that into the engine bay and I'm a little unsure of just where to hang the whole assembly from.

I have the mounting point that goes at the back of the intake, and on the t-stat housing and I've had one recommendation to lift from those points but I'm finding it hard to believe that those will support the weight of a fully dressed engine and a transmission.

Looking for some advice/recommendations.

The factory gives the 3 lift eyes. You are supposed to diagonal with Volvo engine hoist and load leveler when the trans is on it and straight on the 2 on the intake side when the trans stays in it(faster if the trans doesn't need work).

Bolts and washers on chain links?

Not a terrible engine to install without nicking anything, real easy in a 7 series, but leave the distributor off it just to be careful on install if concerned about it...can stay but it's a little tight.

Prv goes in like butter, strange looking jigsaw puzzle engine that it is.

I ordered 2 eye bolts from McMaster-Carr - to go in the head bolts holes. Rated at 3,500 lbs each and IIRC something around $5-7 ea. Makes attaching a chain real easy too.

worked out. Thanks for the assurances guys:)

I ended up throwing some M12 or 14 bolts through 2 links (one on either side of the hook points) to make sure there'd be no issues of bolts or chains slipping through.

Back