• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Wires. ECU panel is complete. The bundle of black wires that are unterminated are all the grounds.
Black connector is the engine harness, that mounts on the firewall. The white one plugs into the chassis harness. (Vehicle speed, switched power and fuel pump power)
The green and grey wires not plugged into the vems are oil temp and pressure, eventually they will be displayed on the LCD but for now I'll just use std gauges to keep an eye on things.
Yellow is for the EGT sensor and the gray twisted pair is the USB to the dash.
DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Heh, if you are paying, sure.
Got the engine harness pinned. Everything works so far. The coolant temp sensor pins weren't seated all the way in the amp connector at the sensor. Derp.
More checks to do tomorrow. Weee.

What kind of tape your using to keep the wires in bundles. What will you use for the engine compartment for protection of the wiring

Fabric electrical tape? I like that stuff.

I found a 90s 240 at the junkyard with no dash and ripped out most of the wire sheathing. Works well but you have to plan ahead before putting connectors on.

What kind of tape your using to keep the wires in bundles. What will you use for the engine compartment for protection of the wiring

Fabric electrical tape? I like that stuff.

I found a 90s 240 at the junkyard with no dash and ripped out most of the wire sheathing. Works well but you have to plan ahead before putting connectors on.

Yep that fabric stuff on the inside of the car. OEMs use it and it doesn't go gooey like the reg electrical tape does.
The entire harness on the engine is/will be covered in DR-25 heat shrink with reflective heat shield sleeving on the section that runs by the downpipe.

Welp, gots oil pressure. Clean oil coming out of the oil feed line. Took a bit of cranking, I hate that anticipation. Sync errors to figure out tomorrow.
Soooo close.

Back