• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

how you diet your brick...???

zhor

total weight of my 944 is 1565 kg

now i took down spare tire and accessoires -26 kg.
change big battery to smallest size -8 kg.
change copper radiator to aluminium -6 kg.
alway half tank fuel -15kg

total i got only -55kg.
next step is carbon trunk cover and engine bay cover -? kg

i hope to get 13XX kg for daily use.

possible?
any guide?

The most profitable weight savings can often be had by putting the driver and his passengers on a diet.

And buy gas 5 gallons at a time.

Otherwise you can start looking at replacing all the side windows with polycarbonate and scrape off the anti-corrosion goop from the underbody. While you're there, crawling on the garage floor, some OZ Racing 18" rims and smaller brake discs will help your suspension by reducing sprung weight.

Buy a PV, they weight 2,150 lbs (976 kg) with everything installed still.

(just don't run into anything, they're a bit of a death trap).

total weight of my 944 is 1565 kg

now i took down spare tire and accessoires -26 kg.
change big battery to smallest size -8 kg.
change copper radiator to aluminium -6 kg.
alway half tank fuel -15kg

total i got only -55kg.
next step is carbon trunk cover and engine bay cover -? kg

i hope to get 13XX kg for daily use.

possible?
any guide?

Run around with the tank almost empty so you burn up the fuel pump.

Just do something like this
maxresdefault.jpg

So fun...:lol:
Yhaa. I'm dieting and sorry I have some company to joy with even it is 940...555.

My point is fuel economy.
My way is stop and go I drive approx100km per day.
Even now with 16vT power, I always need to squeeze pedal to follow honda civic....555
I hope if I can save more weight it can help me save pay per day, and may help to come across honda...

Help me brickster....!!!

555. Are you Thai? I googled why someone would type 555 and the best i could find is that Thai pronunciation of 5 is 'ha'. So 555 is hahaha.

Yep I am Thai....

Now with 0.9 boost the consumption for
E85 approx 6.5-7.0 km/l
E20 approx 7.5-8.0 km/l

My wife ues Toyota hybrid e20 only 20-21 km/l

Yep I am Thai....

Now with 0.9 boost the consumption for
E85 approx 6.5-7.0 km/l
E20 approx 7.5-8.0 km/l

My wife ues Toyota hybrid e20 only 20-21 km/l

Yeah well I mean if you compare our old bricks to a modern hybrid... go buy a new car then if you're concerned about fuel economy.

Seriously though that number seems a bit high to me, you can also improve your mileage by adapting your driving style to some degree as well.
I have a 945 Turbo with a 16T at 0,9 bar boost and I'm driving between 9.0 and 10.0L / 100km on regular pump gas in mixed city / highway setting, which is about 10-11km/l in your E85 calc.

I can't find it - but there was a thread somewhere about the undercarriage of these cars. The rear bumper acts like a big parachute, air gets trapped there. If you want better mileage, have a clean clean engine, manual box is better than auto and yeah, might worth checking what's under it.
Better aero > lighter car once its launched and at speed. Newer cars are much heavier and yet they drink less fuels.
My 2 cents. Also check this tire pressure !
Carbon parts costs quite some money.
Weighs reduction can get pricey quickly. Rather spend money on making the brick slick and running well.

Edit : fuel. check if too rich. I'd rather spend 200 bucks on an AFR gauge than on a carbon "engine bay cover" (Boot/Bonnet I guess ^^)

Edit two : FOUND IT !! Check THIS http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/5145/ Def a mod I'll look into

Back