• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Do you know the part numbers per chance?

I got it from McMaster, less than $20. From my order history

9416K28 Gas Spring with Threaded Ends, 75 Force, 18.18" Extended Length, 7.87" Stroke

And the ball ends

59935K73 Metric Ball Joint Rod End M8 x 1.25 RH Female Shank, 8mm Ball ID, 17mm Long Thread

Like I mentioned before I had to grind down the ball ends to get the compressed length as short as possible.

Thanks again. I'm going play around with it this week.

The Wilwood MC's came in the other day and Transmission ships out Monday.

Hopefully I can get some work done today (first weekend I haven't been sick).

Last edited:
Brake MC Installation and M46 BH Clean up

Started working on a few different things yesterday.
I did make the main brake line to the back... May redo it late (not happy with it).

Got brake MC put in. Didn't put in the clutch yet (don't know what route I'll be going).
8YGevL6l.jpg

ue8SBvIl.jpg

The M46 BH for LH2.4 came in the other day. Will clean it up and drop it off to be powder coated.
ETPTpC8l.jpg

PnJ6lVR.jpg

Also started wrapping the exhaust. Note to self: next time, wear gloves. Lol.
5hPJDOU.jpg

5Vxjjc3.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
the lines out of the bottom of the mc were a pain, I almost wanted to get 2 90* fittings to make routing more like stock.

Looks fantastic!

How did your pedal length come out? mine seems a bit shallow, and the clutch rod is going to need to be shortened.

the lines out of the bottom of the mc were a pain, I almost wanted to get 2 90* fittings to make routing more like stock.

Looks fantastic!

How did your pedal length come out? mine seems a bit shallow, and the clutch rod is going to need to be shortened.

Haven't hooked up the pedal or lines yet. Still need to work on a few other things before I do that.

Fuel Tank Installation and Tail Gate Lifter

Fuel tank in. Playing around with lifter support.

LtvXjiFl.jpg

aAo4R1kl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
I didn't like the locking slider. Just have one lifter now and it handles the load fine. May get another... Still playing around with it.

I can driving around with mine open with just a gas shock on the right side. No rattles or bouncing around.

yeah, just dont try it on the free way with the hatch down, and tailgate open... Thats my favorite part about that slider lock, hatch window down and locked, tailgate open and you can still see the license plate.

T5 Trans Arrives!!!

Well the T5 transmission came in yesterday. 1352-199.
bM1xz01l.jpg

11H50lyl.jpg

Had a water fitting made up for the head by a co-worker. Turned out great. Old on the left and new on the right.
5LwbIlll.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back