• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm part of the family!

En3rvate

Ok I've officially been a part of the volvo owner family for about two weeks! :) Here she is...
1984 244 Turbo (no intercooler)
pict02140xo.jpg

pict02158kk.jpg

pict02161yg.jpg

pict02200cx.jpg

pict02213po.jpg

pict02040xl.jpg

pict02057ju.jpg

It needs a few things like an intercooler and B230 Manifold conversion, but other than that its a solid ride.
A big thanks to Jonathan for sellin the beast to me.:)

is that my nalegene?

hehe...or is that from the school when you took pictures....

she could use a water torture/seafoam treatment...intercooler and said manifolds....let me know if you ever need any help.

Jonathan

nice. that's a lot like the one i just got. your interior looks a bit better actually. you should:
1. clean interior. use leather wipes on the seats, it makes them look a lot better.
2. clean engine bay
3. intercool it like you said

what are the benefits of a B230 manifold conversion?

nice, a solid car

a tune up and said mods should make her come alive.....oh and more boost

homer1300 said:
what are the benefits of a B230 manifold conversion?
b21ft intake is a very poor design, b230/b23 intake is much better, and a pretty easy mod(i've done it)

badvlvo said:
Nice starting point. I have the moulding for above the rear bumper if you need it. I'll give it to you for shipping costs.

yeah that got torn off at the car wash. :oops: i learned my lesson to never go through one again. From now on i wash my own car. :cool:

That sounds good, i'll PM you later. :)

Last edited:
oo4playmrright said:
nice, a solid car

a tune up and said mods should make her come alive.....oh and more boost

b21ft intake is a very poor design, b230/b23 intake is much better, and a pretty easy mod(i've done it)

and once you do a b230 intake mod you can use a standard intercooler/piping from a 740/940?

Billiam500 said:
Looks like a quasi-intercooler on the turbo hose. Mine doesn't have that.:???:

It was a weird 'option'-thingy...(I know thats not helpful, but that's all I know)

Nice 244T. :)

homer1300 said:
and once you do a b230 intake mod you can use a standard intercooler/piping from a 740/940?
Intercooler is the same between 200 and 7/9 (until the 7/9 got the bigger IC in '92-ish), but yes the B23/230 manifold swap allows you to use the standard cold side IC piping from a 7/9.

-Justin

En3rvate said:
Ok I've officially been a part of the volvo owner family for about two weeks! :) Here she is...
1984 244 Turbo (no intercooler)

pict02057ju.jpg

It needs a few things like an intercooler and B230 Manifold conversion, but other than that its a solid ride.
A big thanks to Jonathan for sellin the beast to me.:)

Congrats, dude. She's a sweet lookin' ride. I'm still just kicking myself that I didn't come here first to buy my brick. Are you going to replace the seats or restore them? I'm doing a little leather restore right now in my 740, it's actually pretty fun.

Back