• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Intermediate Shaft Bearing Tool (Remove/Install)

volvo740best

Hi,

I need to change the Intermediate Shaft bearing on my B23ET, nut I not able to find the code of Volvo tool for remove and install the bearing.

Can You provide me?

Many Thanks, Bruno.

I had mine pressed on and off for around 20 bucks at a machine shop. Not sure if there is a do it yourself tool...

Hi,

I need to change the Intermediate Shaft bearing on my B23ET, nut I not able to find the code of Volvo tool for remove and install the bearing.

Can You provide me?

Many Thanks, Bruno.

Ciao Bruno, come fa?

The official tool is just a nice round piece with some nylon of something to be nice to the bearing material since it is lead and tin, and very soft. The tool always has a hole in the center and a longer bar to go all the way thru the block and pass thru another part which is usually a cone and this centers the bar so you don't cock the bearing and smoooosh it or catch the edge..

Very easy to make if you have a lathe ou en italienne je pense tu dice "tornio"

Very easy. Do you have or know somebody with a 'tornio' ?
15-20 minutes, barely time for some coffee and a cigarette, non?

Like this:
camto001.jpg

Solomente $35 dollares Americano ! Pffft!

Ciao Bruno, come fa?

The official tool is just a nice round piece with some nylon of something to be nice to the bearing material since it is lead and tin, and very soft. The tool always has a hole in the center and a longer bar to go all the way thru the block and pass thru another part which is usually a cone and this centers the bar so you don't cock the bearing and smoooosh it or catch the edge..

Very easy to make if you have a lathe ou en italienne je pense tu dice "tornio"

Very easy. Do you have or know somebody with a 'tornio' ?
15-20 minutes, barely time for some coffee and a cigarette, non?

Like this:
camto001.jpg

Solomente $35 dollares Americano ! Pffft!

Ciao John, tutto bene e tu?

John, can you make for me with payment? :)

Many Many Thanks!!

Back