• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle Meet. April 26-28, 2024 (It's a meet at my house, I'm Kyle)

stick70

Big dreams, medium skills
Howdy.

This is I think year 3? 4? of doing this but for whatever reason I haven't bothered to make a thread here about it.

The premise of this is real simple. I've got a big yard and a shop, we hang out and BS for a couple of days.

What you need to know:

Where?
I live in North Carolina, 30 minutes north of Durham. If you want to come, message me and I'll give you my address.

When?
April 26-28
Friday a few people show up. I'm off work all day.
Saturday the rest show up.
Sunday everybody leaves.

Sleep?
I have a really small house, two young kids, and a 50 lb dog full of anxiety. You're sleeping outside or in your car, I'll leave that choice to you. You can poop in my house.

I'm hungry?
You're pretty much on your own. I live 20 minutes from any town, but there is a small local market about 5 minutes away where you can get most necessities.
I have in the past cooked a big meal for Saturday night, but I really don't think I'm going to do that this year. What I will do is have a big wood fired grill in front of the shop. I'd ask that if you want to cook something, bring enough for a couple of people and help yourself. In my mind we cook random whatever all day Saturday, so nobody starves. I'm not really equipped to cook for 30-40 people. If you want, you are more than welcome to bring a crock pot, etc as well with any sort of terrible (delicious?) chili/concoction you prefer. If you do in fact starve though, it's on you.

Rules?
Don't be an ass, we're all adults here.

That's pretty much it, see you soon.
178362286_512109383150025_7232922891026729461_n.jpg

EDIT:
The last hurrah for Doug's boat shop is that saturday. Selling the last of what's in the building, and evicting the last boats.
Catch you all next year or at another meet this year.

Last edited:
I'll be there.
Excellent.

Will my Amazon be there?

magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes-640x404.jpg

I'll try to make it down.

Anyone interested in a b23ft block? bored 2nd OS with some light surface rust, so probably needs to be sleeved (unless you want to bore to 97mm and takes your chances). Mains were resized so the crank spins smoothly again. I acquired the block with zero miles, but it was locked up because the wrong main caps were used by the guy who assembled it, so I had the mains resized by mikeP's machinist friend Alan. I ended up taking the new FT 2nd OS pistons out of this engine, having my std b23 bored, and fit them to my 'old' engine out of my '87 autocross car.

b23ft block
forged crank
intermediate shaft
M rods (not installed)
! no pistons !
front/rear seal covers
dipstick tube (different from b230, but probably same as b21/23 non-turbo)
water pipe (b21/23 non-turbo doesn't dip under the turbo manifold like the FT pipe, and it's different from a B230FT pipe)
water pump (forget if new or used, but Hepu. different from b230).
Melling m181 oil pump, zero miles (also fits b21 & b230)
misc hardware.

$200. Depending on who you are, you may qualify for a special price. And without the oil pump, lets say $100.

For Dana, free. I forget if I offered it to him, and I forget if he had any interest in it. Is the whiteblock-the-242 dream still alive?

Back