• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.4 conversion

J2_

Used the search, but it doesn't come up with what I want to know.

The following; I have a 740 equipped with motronic (I'm in the netherlands, and I know you don't have motronic in the US).
I got myself a nice '93 B230F L block low mileage (runnning LH2.4), so I want to put that in the 740.
Have the wiring loom from a 240 with LH2.4 including everything.

I have the 'complete' harness from the car. Except the piece of wiring loom that goes from the LH loom to the dash.
I tried to get it out, but its tied up in everything.

So long story short; Do I really need the piece that goes into the dash ?

I'm no noob, but I haven't messed with LH before.

You won't need that section of wiring. But what you'll have to do is get the wiring pin out of both injections and change any terminations that aren't the same to what is used for the LH2.4. Should be straight forward. You use the same rpm sensor. The temp sensors probably interchange if they aren't the same as well. Air mass sensor wiring may have to be changed. A 240 normally aspirated with LH will work with the exception of the wide open throttle wire. As I recall that's the connection on the throttle switch you take off. Speaking of the throttle switch are they the same? You may need the LH2.4 throttle switch as well. A project but should be straight forward if you are comfortable with wiring.

You didn't mention it but you will also need the EZK ignition as well. Along with it's supporting part like the ignition amplifier. Probably need the EZK knock sensor, too.

I think I didnt make it clear enough. Let me explain.

I have a 745 with B200ET engine & motronic. Planning to change it to a B230F with LH2.4 I got from a '93 245 donor.
So I'm putting everything from the 240 in the 740.

Motronic DOESN'T use the same kind of crank sensor, motronic has 2 of them.
1 for RPM, 1 for determing where TDC is. both on the flywheel.
Thats why I'm ripping eveyting that is motronic out, and putting LH in.

The first thing that comes to mind is to make sure the flywheel has the same teeth for triggering the LH2.4. I understand what you mean but I didn't know about the dual sensors. So you would need to change the sensor for the flywheel and possibly the flywheel itself if that isn't the same.

Back