• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lord Volvomort

gift

lucky you bro!!!
my wife wants to burn my car to ashes !!!
but somehow lately she has changed her and has given me a break ( she doesnt know where the volvo is LOl mind:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:
any way good luck bro and I wished i had a yugo to swap a bike engine in it lol
Take care
DZ

sounds like you have a keeper my man

Definitely do!

lucky you bro!!!
my wife wants to burn my car to ashes !!!
but somehow lately she has changed her and has given me a break ( she doesnt know where the volvo is LOl mind:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:
any way good luck bro and I wished i had a yugo to swap a bike engine in it lol
Take care
DZ

Yeah, she doesn't care for the volvo, but really only because it is a turd at the moment. If it were nice, she would like it. The Yugo I had was a super fun car to drive daily. I probably got more attention in that than in any other car I have owned.

Its been a while since I was able to do much work to Volvomort, but I got a little bit of maintenance complete and a bit of fun stuff as well!

My overdrive button has always been intermittent, but last week the overdrive went out completely even though the button would still work from time to time. With some TB help, I was able to diagnose it as a solenoid issue. I modified the solenoid so the OD was always on and, while I was at it, I adjusted the kickdown cable. Adjusting that cable made a world of difference! It is still slow, but it doesn't feel nearly as gutless now that it is shifting when I feel it should.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/NGJQXOM"><a href="//imgur.com/a/NGJQXOM"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have a rusty parts car that I am stripping out (http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=349281) and will be getting rid of the shell this week, but, while I had it, I figured I would mock up the engine swap I am wanting to do long term. Anyone know what it is? Here's a hint....its not an LS. It actually fits a lot better than expected although it will still be a lot of custom work.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/fh8sFgn"><a href="//imgur.com/a/fh8sFgn"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ford V6? Interesting. :)

Bingo! 3.7L and MT-82 six speed from 2012 mustang. Lightweight, 305hp (tune+boltons = 350hp) and 31mpg...yes please! I drive my 240 every single day, through rain, snow, sun, etc. so I want something that is the perfect daily driver. Good hp/weight, good economy, and I can fit all the kids!

Both are nonfunctional, but for $150, I couldn't pass them up to use for fitups. If everything fits up well enough, I will end up buying a wrecked mustang as these are missing quite a few bits. It actually fit up better than I anticipated!

Drivers side mount and exhaust will be more difficult as expected.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/O195ndT"><a href="//imgur.com/a/O195ndT"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Passenger side looks fairly straightforward.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/TBlz0s5"><a href="//imgur.com/a/TBlz0s5"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Heater lines will probably need to be moved to the passenger side.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/HooFNvM"><a href="//imgur.com/a/HooFNvM"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The engine is offset 1/2" to the passenger side, but I may be able to move it over a bit without interfering with the booster.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/DLYEIBl"><a href="//imgur.com/a/DLYEIBl"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I sold the hood to the parts car, so I am not sure how much of an issue this will be. The intake sticks out a bit, but the engine cant go lower without lowering the crossmember. The oil pan is practically sitting on the crossmember as is.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mhq4fYb"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mhq4fYb"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The trans mount actually looks relatively easy. I think just welding an extension plate to the factory crossmember may be the easiest approach.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/XoRO9Lk"><a href="//imgur.com/a/XoRO9Lk"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The shifter on the other hand, may not be so easy. The "white" mark behind the shifter hole is where the middle of the MT82 shifter hits. There are plenty of aftermarket shifters for the MT82, but none that relocate it, that I know of.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/zAR3th6"><a href="//imgur.com/a/zAR3th6"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't have any of the accessories for this engine, so those plus e-fan and radiator will take up this space quickly.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/AjrwCc1"><a href="//imgur.com/a/AjrwCc1"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Naturally, there are a thousand other issues that will need to be addressed before I move forward with this plan, but so far, nothing I have seen has changed my mind on this setup. Drive by wire, electric power steering, etc. will all probably be more difficult (or at least just more time consuming) than just welding up the mounts.

Of course, this is Phase 3 of Volvomort so it will be a while before this comes to fruition, but I wont have the opportunity for some time to have access to an empty 240 engine bay so I thought I would get some of the rough fitup out of the way!

Hey nice job!!! you have a lot in your table. Im almost done with my engine swap. I still have to finish some details like reinstalling the chevy coil control module adapted for the toyota 7mgte swap, and i have an oil leak cause i made my oil pan out of two , but i used flux wire instead of gas, and because thats was available.
this is my volvo 240 wagon,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y_HHXdchIQ
ok take care ,DZ

Hey nice job!!! you have a lot in your table. Im almost done with my engine swap. I still have to finish some details like reinstalling the chevy coil control module adapted for the toyota 7mgte swap, and i have an oil leak cause i made my oil pan out of two , but i used flux wire instead of gas, and because thats was available.
this is my volvo 240 wagon,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y_HHXdchIQ
ok take care ,DZ

Dang, that is a sweet setup! I would love to start this engine swap now, but there are so many things I need to fix first.

I finally got around to replacing the absolute trash seat covers in Volvomort and found out two things I did not know:
1 - 84 seat backs are different than 87 seatbacks
2 - My 84 GL has a heated seat, but only on the drivers side. It looks like the factory setup, but the only switch is a rotary knob next to the lighter. I never new what it was for so I don't know if it works.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/KJNY0Gs"><a href="//imgur.com/a/KJNY0Gs"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Umu68by"><a href="//imgur.com/a/Umu68by"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also dodged a bullet (or more accurately a cutoff wheel) while cutting out sheetmetal from the 87 parts car I have. The blade bounced, like they sometimes do, grazed my finger just enough to cut my glove and leave the faintest scuff mark on my finger. The same thing happened when I was 17ish, but I wasn't nearly as lucky and have a scar to show for it.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Q1MGUIc"><a href="//imgur.com/a/Q1MGUIc"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8yZqiwo"><a href="//imgur.com/a/8yZqiwo"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Finger Ouch!!!

Thanks for your comment in my wagon. You'll get there too.
Thank God the finger still intact, I know the feeling as I'm a welder as well and I use the grinder every hour at work.
Take care
DZ:cool:

Back