• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M46 conversion question

black 940

What all do I need from the donor car? I know trans, cross member, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, pedals.

Is the drive shaft different and anything else I should know about?

I found a car at the local scrap yard that has a complete M46 in it '91 740.

The trans and shfter assembly, the pedal box, cross member, master and slave, clutch lines, center console piece that goes around the shifter and the ebrake

You don't want to forget little important stuff like connecting the two wires together from the neutral safety switch so the car will start.

You don't want to forget little important stuff like connecting the two wires together from the neutral safety switch so the car will start.

Or you could just be the second person I have met with a Volvo who just started their car with a flathead screwdriver to the starter because they didnt know how to fix a busted neutral safety switch. :rofl:

Well, they crushed the car this morning :( . I found it yesterday (almost complete car and then today its gone. Man I hate that.

:grrr: Hate it when that happens. I saw a car in a yard once with a perfect pair of 5-panel tails about 30 min before close. When I got back with the money, the yard was closed. The next day at 10am, the car was crushed.

Back